Plantsman89

False Widow spiders

Plantsman89    15

There seems to be an alarming amount of them around this year. In previous years I could count on one hand how many I saw but this year they seem to be everywhere. They're everywhere at work, I have some in my greenhouse and a friend of mine had an enormous one living under the rear spoiler on his Fiesta ST. 

Anyone else noticed this or is it just round my way?

Picavorus    34

We had a number of them the other year, but thankfully I've not seen them since 

Karsty    12

I haven't noticed any of them here in Herts, and being a gardener I guess I would if they were around? Noticed quite a lot of comb-footed spiders, I think they're cute! My favourites are those little jumping zebra spiders, they're really cute!

Blocky71    235

I've seen more of these than the common garden spider this year.

some are very obvious with the skull markings on the abdomen whereas others are the same shape but are either just shiny black or lack the skull .....

As I'm no expert I just leave them alone unless they are in the way, in which case I'll relocate carefully. 

• Like 1

Plantsman89    15
On 9/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, Blocky71 said:

some are very obvious with the skull markings on the abdomen whereas others are the same shape but are either just shiny black or lack the skull .....

I must say the variation in colour and markings has surprised me but there's definitely no mistaking them.