So now Sarracenia purpurea eats slugs!

Karsty

On 30/08/2017 at 9:09 PM, Alexis said:

A seal to stop odour? They absolutely reek when they've caught a slug!

It's bad enough when the flies start to break down in the other species. There is a rather unpleasant odour in my greenhouse at the moment and for once it's not the Dracunculus or Amorphophallus that's responsible :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

It also implies they can be planted out in the garden. This slug eating nonsense was started by some or other charlatan a number of years back and some outlets are still using it.

Nigel H-C

'FRANKly', I'm a little surprised the source of such 'marketing' spiel hasn't been slapped on the wrist by now by a body such as Trading Standards for using these kind of claims on labels &  point-of-sale material. It's misleading & misrepresentation but has been going on for years, unfortunately!

I've edited the "sensitive fields", but here is a copy of the response I got. The link  Ms Messervy is referring to is a link to this thread!

Dear Mr Karsty,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I have forwarded the link you provided in another email to our nursery so they can review the information.

Kind regards,

Rachel Messervy

Customer Services

Jersey Choice Limited

Email: [email protected]

Tel: +44 1534 871113

Fax: +44 1534 888775

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

*************************************************************************************

IMPORTANT: This message including any attached files is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and /or legally privileged information. It must not be disclosed to or used by persons other than the intended recipient, any copying, use, dissemination or distribution of this message and attached files is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify the originator immediately. Please ensure that all copies received in error are whether stored electronically or by any other method are destroyed.

Content: Any views or opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily represent those of Jersey Choice Limited. Jersey Choice Limited shall not be liable to the recipient or any third party for any loss or damage howsoever arising from this email or its content, including loss or damage caused by virus. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the opening or use of this message and any attachments shall not adversely affect systems or data. Jersey Choice Limited are registered with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law and adhere to and practice the guidelines set out by the said law.

Sent: 17 September 2017 21:32
To: 7.Other
Subject: Other(Mr Karsty) (Postcode: WD)

Customer Enquiry

Enquiry Type:

Other

Order Method:

internet

Date Of Enquiry:

17/09/2017 21:43:23

Name:

Mr Karsty

Tel:

Customer Number:

Order Number:

Postcode:

WD

First Line of Address:

Enquiry:

Dear Gardening Direct, 

What is stated about your carnivorous plants is mostly nonsense. Are you willing to amend the information? 

Kind regards,

Edited by Karsty

I dont think agreed to do anything did they?  That message is equivalent to saying "ive just dropped your letter in the one day file and  its the last either you or i will hear about it", lol.

Edited by manders
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...