ham

Petiolaris complex sundew division

ham    2

Hello, my drosera lanata has 5 divisions so i decided to separate the plant. When i unrooted it the plants were all very tightly attached to the same stem so i had to use a lot of force to separate and in the mean time one of the smaller division was smashed alittle by my hand carelessly. When i separated the plants they only had a few or one long root attached! Now i am afraid all of them would die since i used so much pressure on their stem and 3 of them only had few roots...How do you all separate you complex petiolaris sundews may i ask, last year i tried to separate a hybrid and i ended up killing all of them, also due to the lack of sun i guess, now i am apprehensive of separating any of them as i do not know whats a safe way to separate them without causing much stress. Any help is appreciated :D

Gaz    179
3 hours ago, Tropicat said:

I tried it once, but it died after 6 months...... these are not for me

Likewise, I had a few, they looked very nice when they arrived but it was soon obvious my conditions were not suitable and eventually they all died.  Such a shame as they are still some of my favourite Drosera.

ham    2

I see...Yes, indeed they are very rewarding plants if grown in the right conditions, imo they are one of the most beautiful sundews.  

tropicbreeze    46

I have D. dilatato-petiolaris growing but I think the problem most people have with them is they underestimate the conditions these plants need - intense sun, hot humidity and hot water.

tropicbreeze    46

I have D. dilatato-petiolaris growing but I think the problem most people have with them is they underestimate the conditions these plants need - intense sun, hot humidity and hot water.

ham    2

Yes, i thought my country is warm enough(28-32 degree celsius) but apparently, drosera falconeri wasnt happy until i put in a humidity dome, temperature probably reaches around 40 degree celcius in direct sun and over 90% relative humidity and is happily growing.