Going into dormancy already

Picavorus

Are anyone else's plants starting to die back for their winter dormancy.  I've noticed that numerous Pinguicula have already formed hibernacula, or are in the midst of doing so, and the pitchers on many of the Sarracenia are starting to brown off.  It seems really early this year, unless the plants know something that we don't.

I've noticed also in wild that some pinguiculas, after flowers and the end of the annual cycle, go dormant (I see hibernacula in July)... I think that if hibernaculum is sorrounded of gemmae, it is all ok, and it is a strong hibernaculum, ready to survive the colder months... if not, it can be a weaky summer hibernaculum... my p. Vulgaris is now dormant, but some of the gemmae that it has produced are waking up just now;-)

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just mine that are starting going into dormancy.  It just seems earlier than normal this year for some reason.
My ping grandiflora is going into dormancy too, or already has because it ain't doing nothing. But my ping tinas have got new flowers coming up.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

P. Tina is another thing... many Mexican pinguiculas produce flower even when they are in winter rosette;-)
in my growing conditions they go in dormant rest in november/ december
Hi argo, that's very interesting, how come they keep producing flowers even when dormant? Not a bad thing lol!

Most of my plants are still growing.

All VFTs, Drosera capensis and binatas are producing new leaves. Sarracenia purpurea ssp purpurea has got a few last year's pitchers starting to turn brown but new pitchers are still forming. 

The only plant that slowed down is my Darlingtonia but that could just be the result of it producing stolons instead of pitchers (I noticed one in late spring and now it produced another one), couple of the older pitchers are also starting to die off.

We did have quite a warm summer here (until a few days ago) so I'm not expecting the plants to go dormant for another month at least, maybe longer. This year is not as warm as last, but even now the night temperatures are still in double digits...

No, I live in Italy... I've seen your grandiflora's photos, and it is forming the hibernaculum, I'm sure
I thought it was lol can see them under leaves [emoji6]. My ping tinas are growing flowers and new leaves now it seems to be comfortable in it environment.

I see it!![emoji3] yes, Your Tinas are strong and healty... and it is a very vigorous hybrid, excellent to start with pinguiculas
Thanks argo, I love them really nice plant and giving out more flowers today lol. They grow fast, and recovered fast after 5 days in transit. I'm very happy [emoji38]