My sphagnum moss project.

bigphil1984

Hi guys, I know I've already done a thread in this topic, but since its more about other things than just growing sphagnum. I thought I'd start a new thread, about me growing my moss and how it's progressing so here go's! [emoji6]

This pic was the day I started my first tub off, layered on top of thrive carnivorous compost mix!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Well, I can only give it my best guess unfortunately - S. palustre.

However, if you can make a field trip to the New Forest, there's bogs and sphagnum all over the place. I actually lived to see the lovely patch of Sarracenia purpurea before it was removed by the National Trust, and got to know the location of a patch of VFTs before it was also reportedly removed by the NT.

I saw this particular sphagnum in places either side of the road between Brockenhurst and Roundhill campsite.

Of course, Sphagnum is widespread throughout the UK. You just need water, low nutrient levels, and acid conditions, and there it is (~8

Well, I can only give it my best guess unfortunately - S. palustre.
However, if you can make a field trip to the New Forest, there's bogs and sphagnum all over the place. I actually lived to see the lovely patch of Sarracenia purpurea before it was removed by the National Trust, and got to know the location of a patch of VFTs before it was also reportedly removed by the NT.
I saw this particular sphagnum in places either side of the road between Brockenhurst and Roundhill campsite.
Of course, Sphagnum is widespread throughout the UK. You just need water, low nutrient levels, and acid conditions, and there it is (~8
Think you might be right karsty. Looks very much like palustre. Very nice moss [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...