EEE 2018 in Bonn (29.06.18 - 01.07.18)

IMG_8827.jpg

As announced yesterday at the end of the EEE in Leiden, the next EEE will take place in Bonn, Germany. The Botanical Garden of Bonn and the german carnivorous plants society is looking forward to seeing you all in Bonn next year. The date for the meeting will be:

Fr. 29.06.2018 - Su. 01.07.2018

More information will follow, for now please just save the date.

Please feel free to share the dates in your local carnivorous plants societies!

Regards,

Christian

Edited by Christian
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hello Dennis,

we are still working on some details and hope to be able to give some more detailed information in 3-4 weeks. What i can already say is, that the conference will start on Friday afternoon with lectures and a dinner at the evening. We will have the plants sales on saturday and sunday as well as lectures on both days. The conference will finish on sunday afternoon. On Saturday there will be a conference dinner.

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i am happy to let you know, that we have put a section about the EEE online. You can find it on the homepage of our society:

Homepage of the GFP

There is an item called "EEE" where you can find some information about the EEE: So far there is a list of Hotels in Bonn as well as the programm online. We will hopefully update the lectures soon. We also hope to be able to start with the registration in some weeks. More information will follow. If there are any changes i will let you know via this thread.

EEE_Homepage.png

Regards,

Christian

Edited by Christian
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello,

we have been busy in the last weeks with organizing the coming in EEE. We are happy to tell you, that you can register from now on. Here are some more informations about it:

We have added some more pages to the section about the EEE on the homepage of the German carnivorous plants society (http://www.carnivoren.org). There is a section called "EEE" on the menu on top. There you can find the following information:

Program           : https://www.carnivoren.org/eee/event/

Excursion         : https://www.carnivoren.org/eee/excursion/

Lectures           : https://www.carnivoren.org/eee/lectures/         

List of hotels   : https://www.carnivoren.org/eee/hotels/

The lectures are not yet complete and will be added soon. There may also be some changes in the times of the lectures. We are working on getting this ready and hope to be able to add it in a week or two.

Registration for the EEE is 10€. If you want to go to the dinner, this will be 35€ (drinks extra), the trip to the Wahner Heide on Sunday will be 10€. You can pay either by PayPal or direct bank transfer. Whenever possible, please transfer the money to our bank account, as this is a bit easier for us.

Attention:

•  the entrance into the botanical garden won't be free with your membership card! Only those who register for the EEE will get free entrance into the botanical gardens for the time of the EEE.
  •  the annual general meeting of the GFP will take place at the lecture room in the Nussallee. That's not inside the botanical garden, so every GFP-Member can go there for free.
  •  the registration for the dinner on Saturday ends on June, 10th 2018!!
  •  only 55 people can participate on the trip to the Wahner Heide. This will be strictly first come, first served.
  •  Participation on one of the dinners (Friday or Saturday) or the excursion is only possible if you register for the EEE
  •  If you want to sell plants, just click the option in the registration form. You will than receive further information from us.

You can register by clicking on the following link:

Registration

If you have any question, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected]

Regards,
Christian, Alexander und Marcus

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2018 at 2:17 PM, Christian said:

Registration for the EEE is 10€. If you want to go to the dinner, this will be 35€ (drinks extra), the trip to the Wahner Heide on Sunday will be 10€. You can pay either by PayPal or direct bank transfer. Whenever possible, please transfer the money to our bank account, as this is a bit easier for us.

Hi Christian,

I sent the payment with Paypal yesterday.

How long from payment with Paypal, until I get the ticket, and confirmation for the field trip?

Thank's 

Yaron

Hi Yaron,

i got your registration and if you have already paied everything will be fine :)

Sorry, i should have mentioned the proecdure. We will check at least once a week the payments and will sent out confirmation Emails thereafter. So, please allow us some time to check and get back to you after your registration. You will then receive a binding "booking confirmation", so you can be sure, that everything is in order. The actual tickets will be sent out 2-3 weeks before the EEE via Mail.

Regards,

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i am happy to let you know the lectures for friday and saturday. I hope to fix the missing ones for sunday soon and will of course let you know as soon as possible.

Friday         15.15 - 16.15: Aymeric Roccia - Phylogeny of the Genus Pinguicula
Friday         16.30 - 17.30: Mateusz Wrazidlo - Exploring the carnivorous flora of the Lost Worlds of Venezuela

Saturday    10.00 - 11.00: Dr. Miroslav Srba - Half way to understanding the genetic background of fenestration in Sarracenia
Saturday    11.15 - 12.15: Dr. Simon Poppinga - New insights into the ultrafast traps of Utricularia and Aldrovanda
Saturday    15.15 - 16.15: Dr. Jan Schlauer - The Quinones of Arachnopus – Chemical Taxonomy of the ‚Indian‘ Sundews
Saturday    16.30 - 17.30: Dr. Andreas Fleischmann - Sticky carnivorous plants and their inhabitants: mutualists, kleptoparasites and herbivores

Sunday       13.30 - 14.30: t.b.a
Sunday       14.45 - 15.45: t.b.a

Many thanks to everyone who already registered. At this moment we have 62 registrations in total There are still places left for everything!

Regards,

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

here is a list of people, that will be selling plants during the EEE (in alphetical order, Subject to changes!)

In case i missed one of your homepages, please let me know!

Regards,

Christian

Edited by Christian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

those of you, who have already paied should have received a mail with an entry card for the botnical garden. Please check your Spam folders as well, it might have landed there. If you did not receive anything, please contact us at [email protected]

I would like to ask those of you who have not yet paied to send the paiement as soon as possible.

If you are unsure about registering, please have the following deadlines in mind:

Conference Dinner on Saturday: 10.06.2018

Plants Sale:  15.06.2018

Excursion: still about 7 places left

Regards,

Christian

• 3 weeks later...