My plants new home

Nice one bigphil.
I'm wondering about getting one of these 'instant' greenhouses.
Do people on here think they are worth bothering with, please?

Guy
It's doing the trick for me lol. Keeping my plants warm in this misrable rainy weather. And humidity not too high either. And my plants don't seem shocked by the move from inside to outside in there either [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I would suggest you secure it somehow , they blow over very easily and that's a nightmare, I have a few and found out the hard way, I have concrete blocks on the very bottom shelve , you could do this and place your pots with seeds on top as you don't need height. Totally agree with Ada , two seasons and then cover is screwed by UV , I still think they are worth it though 

• Like 1

I would suggest you secure it somehow , they blow over very easily and that's a nightmare, I have a few and found out the hard way, I have concrete blocks on the very bottom shelve , you could do this and place your pots with seeds on top as you don't need height. Totally agree with Ada , two seasons and then cover is screwed by UV , I still think they are worth it though 
Hi, I put slabs in bottom and these motorbike elasticated ties round top. Should hold up lol.f95949b5359224015210abb6f98473cd.jpg4dcf1a901babb4d40c634fda2547c470.jpg208cc3ddfd71a0b4af05657c925a059c.jpg

Agree with others - great for some sheltered space.  Watch out for spare covers knocked down at the end of the season - they can often be 50% or less.  If its in the sun you'll need one every couple of years as the plastic goes brittle quickly.  Looks like you've got it well secured - I only ever used a few bricks and they never blew over. 

Edited by Dunc

Agree with others - great for some sheltered space.  Watch out for spare covers knocked down at the end of the season - they can often be 50% or less.  If its in the sun you'll need one every couple of years as the plastic goes brittle quickly.  Looks like you've got it well secured - I only every used a few bricks and they never blew over. 
I'll keep an out for the knocked down ones. Cheers dunc [emoji3]

I screw mine to the wall using pipe clips wrapped around vertical pole at back and screwed into wall through back plastic

22 hours ago, bigphil1984 said:

Hi, you got any pics? emoji3.png

I will try and post some tommorow

• Like 1

I've got a few of these, 1 with a cover on it round the back of the GH used as a plantpot store, the rest (uncovered) are inside the GH to hopefully make better use of space. 5 shelf versions stood on the floor, 3/4 shelf ones on the staging top.

I've got a few of these, 1 with a cover on it round the back of the GH used as a plantpot store, the rest (uncovered) are inside the GH to hopefully make better use of space. 5 shelf versions stood on the floor, 3/4 shelf ones on the staging top.
Hi gaz, really good idea. I'll do that myself when eventually get my big greenhouse lol. They are really handy, but the way I'm going at the minute, I might need another one [emoji28]

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, tatter said:

I screw mine to the wall using pipe clips wrapped around vertical pole at back and screwed into wall through back plastic

pipe clip.jpg

im having trouble uploading pics it keeps telling me I can only  112 kb . can not take photo insitu  its full of tomatos