ham

LED growlight for pinguiculas and sundews?

ham    2

Hello, just wonder if it is possible to grow pinguiculas, mostly mexican ones and a pinguicula megaspilae and sundews under a led growlight 3red 1 blue DC12V  without any damage to the plants? Because i am planning to order some lights grow alibaba and they are quite affordable.

Gaz    173

Hi Ham, I had 2 separate pots of Pinguicula agnata grow deformed leaves this summer when I had an LED light nearby, no other plants seemed to be affected but the agnatas didn't seem to like it.  I haven't tried the light over sundews so can't comment about them and I don't have any P megaspilae as yet.

ham    2

Hello Gaz, thanks for the information! I guess i'll not use grow lights for the cps...I used to grow it on my complex petiolaris sundews and all of them became very very very red and some of them like d.falconeri even had deformed leaf! I guess i'll not use grow lights for cps but i cant find any suitable light to grow my pinguiculas. What lighting do you all recommend and where can i get them? Thanks!

Gaz    173

Hi Ham, I usually just rely on natural light in the greenhouse these days but do have a couple of small leds over my Sarrs.  Have you tried T5 cfl like this Sunblaster T5. I have used them in the past on Pings and there were no obvious bad effects.  Do you not have natural light in your growing area?

ham    2

Erm has,  i do but the light in my country is too hot! If i put the pings out they will probably be cooked alive, i can only keep my complex petiolaris sundews,nepenthes, sarracenia and some common sundews like burmannii and intermedia under my climate. The rest had to be grown under artificial light