Sign in to follow this  
Alexcpdk

Id please

Alexcpdk    14

When i was watering my sarracenia in the greenhouse today, I saw this plant in two different sarracenia pots. The plant must have been introduced with some plants at some point. Some who can id it?IMG_5841.JPGIMG_5842.JPGIMG_5843.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Bunn    395

Utricularia subulata.  A carnivorous weed.

Alexcpdk    14

Thank you. Is there any problem with them besides they are spreading a lot? And can they withstand frost? My greenhouse gets frost every winter

Richard Bunn    395

It's in most people's collections whether they want it or not. It has an unpleasant habit of producing seed pods without even flowering. I can always find pods but only ever an odd flower here and there.

bigphil1984    11

Hi Richard, Can't stop nature doing its thing . But they look nice enough lol. I've seen little things like them coming out of mine, been plucking them out lol. Can then do anything to the soil?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

bigphil1984    11
Utricularia subulata.  A carnivorous weed.
Hi, i think I've got some utricularia growing in with my sundew and flytrap lol. 35bb8233a36ba60c22dd0dcb17cc9ed9.jpgfcc42d4184261ce47b450b1444c37591.jpg

Richard Bunn    395
On 3/8/2017 at 11:30 PM, bigphil1984 said:

Hi Richard, Can't stop nature doing its thing emoji6.png. But they look nice enough lol. I've seen little things like them coming out of mine, been plucking them out lol. Can then do anything to the soil?

Sorry for not replying sooner.  Been busy as you can imagine.  The only thing they can be damaging to is other Utricularia colonies.  They can quickly pollute them.  

bigphil1984    11
Sorry for not replying sooner.  Been busy as you can imagine.  The only thing they can be damaging to is other Utricularia colonies.  They can quickly pollute them.  
Can imagine lol . So there ok in there then? Or should I get rid of them when I do repot in future, or try grow them? Since there still carnivorous lol

Richard Bunn    395

It's entirely up to you.  They'll probably come back anyway.  They're like cockroaches.