Can you use bloodworm pellets to feed venus flytrap and sundews???

As bogtrotter says, it would be advisable to check the chemical composition of the pellets (should be on the packaging or online).

That being said, you could feed them if you crushed the pellets a bit with water to make a thick paste. You would also have to 'massage' the traps a little after closing to stimulate the further closing and digestion mechanism. I have done similar with freeze dried bloodworms... the composition of those is favourable to Dionaea so I should imagine the pelleted form is similar.

Just be careful to only feed a little - no more than 1/3 of the trap size and only one or two traps at a time, every couple of weeks to a month.

I wonder if you really need to. They dont need a whole lot of food. I feed my plants the occasional fly that I find in my house. The VFTs that i keep outside catch their own bugs (usually at night). They dont need that much food to live, so I wouldn't bother feeding them extra.

• Like 1

I'd go along with Tropicat on this one. I never had much luck hand feeding mine anything other than real (live) flies.  Let nature take it's course is my advice. 

Edited by Gaz
amendment
  • Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 0:58 PM, Tropicat said:

I wonder if you really need to. They dont need a whole lot of food. I feed my plants the occasional fly that I find in my house. The VFTs that i keep outside catch their own bugs (usually at night). They dont need that much food to live, so I wouldn't bother feeding them extra.

Quite correct, usually it is not necessary to feed them and marginal growth improvement is in my opinion not worth the effort.

If, however you have them in a naturally fly-free environment such as a closed terrarium, it may be necessary to supplement the diet manually.