Hey everyone! Newbie to the forum

Elliott Sturgess

Hello people,

Figured whilst I'm growing them that I would get involved in a UK Forum about them as well.

I will shortly attach some pictures of my current set up as where I live isn't ideal for growing plants outdoors and we haven't yet had the time to build a suitable sheltered growing space outside in the garden. I'm currently germinating carnivorous varieties along with someone types of plants as well (mainly trees to be made into bonsai, hoping to start some fruits/veg/herbs and some house plant types also) I'm hoping that I can learn some new things by reading this forum and hopefully meet some new people :)

**EDIT: added the pictures finally after some resizing, sorry :laugh: been a while since I used a forum.

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

Edited by Elliott Sturgess
added pictures

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Welcome Elliott.

That's quite a setup you have going already!

Hello Stu and thank you.

Been looking around this forum now for a day and I have not seen anyone with anything similar so if there's any questions regarding them, I would be happy to answer.

1 hour ago, Tropicat said:

Welcome! That looks pretty good! Which carnivorous plants do you have?

Hi Tropicat and thank you, I am glad to finally be able to talk to someone else instead of my uninterested friends in regards to my plants.

At the moment they are all in the early stages and just to rhyme off the carnivorous guys that I have:

• Nepenthes Tobaica
  • Nepenthes Albomarginata
  • Drosera Capensis
  • Sarracenia (Mixed) *I am unsure as to which of these as they arrived mixed and unnamed which does not help me in knowing which are which.*
  • Sarracenia Leucophylla
  • Dionaea Muscipula
  • Utricularia Volubilis

I have not labelled any of these but I do remember where and which they are in the grow tent. I am hoping to invest and expand my grow tent but for that I am just waiting on a few more wage slips. :laugh: I have just ordered 2 x 300w LED systems because I fear once out of the germination period some of these will need more lighting and my 3 sets of LED lights are not strong enough to provide them with what they need, the new ones that will arrive tomorrow should allow me to change the lighting conditions based on vegetation or bloom. :)

Thanks again guys for the warm welcome.

**EDIT: Added pictures that I put into the Propagation section on here for you to see the stage we are currently at in my grow tent :)

DSC_0109.JPG.040fed49722edf76f3b324073d965f38.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG.a93211535dafa2eddf0254b0403034b5.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG.23b42552bed36571a04f5627f17b58da.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG.93e60819da2f18040011fd32ca6b068c.JPG

Edited by Elliott Sturgess
added pictures