Typhonodorum lindleyanum

tropicbreeze

Just finished flowering now but it tends to flower throughout much of the year. For a water/bog aroid it has a very large inflorescence, around 60cms from the top of the spathe to the bottom of the spathe.

cp-n-09021739.jpg

Plants get to a height of around 3 metres and stall there. This is a photo of mine at the 3 metre mark back in 2010 with an adult for size comparison. It was already about 4 years old and flowering

cp-n-10110349.jpg

And this is just the other day, about 7 years later, and no size difference. Of course the pond has become a bit over grown and crowded with other plants. Nothing remains static in gardens (hopefully anyway).

cp-n-17071801.jpg

It was just nothing except text but I can see them now, must have been a temporary glitch.  I grow a few aroids myself, nothing as exciting (or large) as yours though, just some Sauromatum, Dracunculus and Amorphophallus.  Looks good, thanks for sharing. 

Thanks Gary. I've had that happen to me before as well.  I really got into Aroids some time ago and managed to get quite a collection. Still can't resist anything really unusual. This is a list of what I have but only at genus level. The species list is a bit too long and some I'm not sure which species they are.

Aglaonema
Alocasia
Amorphophallus
Amydrium
Anchomanes
Anthurium
Caladium
Colocasia
Cyrtosperma
Dieffenbachia
Dracontium
Epipremnum
Gonatopus
Lagenandra
Lasia
Monstera
Philodendron
Pistia
Pothos
Rhaphidophora
Scindapsus
Spathiphyllum
Syngonium
Typhonium
Typhonodorum
Urospatha
Xanthosoma
Zamioculcas

Thanks Gary. I've had that happen to me before as well.  I really got into Aroids some time ago and managed to get quite a collection. Still can't resist anything really unusual. This is a list of what I have but only at genus level. The species list is a bit too long and some I'm not sure which species they are.

Aglaonema
Alocasia
Amorphophallus
Amydrium
Anchomanes
Anthurium
Caladium
Colocasia
Cyrtosperma
Dieffenbachia
Dracontium
Epipremnum