Can CPs be transplanted this time of year?

Just about finished two bog trays.  Which means some CPs currently in pots in a big tray full of water can be moved out of their pots and into the trays.

But...is it OK to transplant at this time of year?  They are all growing well and it would be a shame to upset them.

Guy

Sure, if you put them in the same kind of soil and don't damage any of the roots, they won't even notice. The reason it's often recommended to transplant during dormancy is because they would be sleeping anyway, and you wouldn't notice any temporary setbacks if you broke some roots (and the plants would probably also care a bit less as they don't need a lot of food whilst they're asleep).

Just to add to the above, during dormancy the ambient temperature is also low so there is much less chance of dessication of the roots.

In this hot weather, just be careful not to leave unpotted plants exposed for too long as they can quickly dry out and cause heat stress on the roots. Best to do repotting work in the shade whenever possible (for yourself as much as the plants! Ha).

Very true, I forgot to mention that. As long as the bare roots aren't baking in the sun for twenty minutes, though, I don't think it should pose too much of a problem. People often seem to underestimate just how much of a beating plants can take before they decide they've had enough.

The plants will be out of their current pots and into the bog pots in well under a minute.  The peat/perlite in the bog pot is currently soaking in rain water and getting up to temperature.

Perhaps I'll do it in the dark so the little planties are asleep and don't notice they are being moved.  That's what you do with babies, I believe!

Guy

just to add if out of pots for short while in these hot temps (call of nature perhaps) place wet newspaper over them