Suckered again! ASDA rescue

Well, I've done my bit to save at least one cp from the compost heap. ASDA seem to be selling a selection of vft and sarracenia. I grabbed a purp in crispy dry soil. :( 

He should be fine but I feel sorry for the others. :( 

35607518501_85491619b1_b.jpg

Edited by Hannahraptor

• 2 weeks later...

That looks in pretty good condition. How much did you pay for it?

I was in B&Q recently, and they had some Sarras in glass jars, some of which looked very dry and withered. Someone else posted here a while back how he'd pointed something similar out to the person in charge of the section who said they weren't allowed to water them, and no-one was going to buy them anyway. The end result was that he walked out of there with four (I think it was) dry Cephalotus, which he subsequently nurtured back to health.

I thought I'd try my luck, and spoke to the lady in charge of the section. She didn't seem very interested, told me she'd just watered them and walked away! I walked out of there without any free plants at all :banging:

Some people obviously have the gift of the gab!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yossu said:

That looks in pretty good condition. How much did you pay for it?

I was in B&Q recently, and they had some Sarras in glass jars, some of which looked very dry and withered. Someone else posted here a while back how he'd pointed something similar out to the person in charge of the section who said they weren't allowed to water them, and no-one was going to buy them anyway. The end result was that he walked out of there with four (I think it was) dry Cephalotus, which he subsequently nurtured back to health.

I thought I'd try my luck, and spoke to the lady in charge of the section. She didn't seem very interested, told me she'd just watered them and walked away! I walked out of there without any free plants at all :banging:

Some people obviously have the gift of the gab!

It wasn't cheap at £7.50 but glad I saved it from the compost heap. 

That's not such a bad price. Looks like a lovely plant from the pic you posted.

Might try my local Asda. B&Q tend to have poor quality stuff anyway, apart from the lady who wouldn't take the bait and give me the plants for free!

• Like 1