The ones that I have at the allotment in the polytunnel are catching loads, but I do have to donate half a side of the tunnel to fruit and veg plants, but the tomatoes seem to attract loads of flies.  The ones I've got at home though are catching very little yet this year though.

22 hours ago, Mervinius said:

Millions down here in the south. We have so many horse flys at work. This one was hugeeee

647a46ed9c245c893842a827a6ad7967.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

When I went bird watching on the reserves always got bitten by horseflys gave me bad reactions and needed antibiotics 

that one looks real dangerous glad you did a runner lol

There are not too many flies (and wasps for that matter) here either.

My Sarracenia purpurea hasn't caught anything this year yet, but one of my VFTs is having a feast - 5 out of 6 traps are full. Judging by the shape/size of the insect inside I'm guessing they're all hover flies (I keep seeing loads of them around my plants). None of the other CPs are mature enough to catch anything bigger than a fruit fly. 

19620360_1683092921702468_734797338652219057_o.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, Hannahraptor said:

I'm still waiting for flyaggeddon when half a pint of maggots turn in to flies! :shock:

Can you just drop the maggots into the plants?  Do you need to wait until they've turned into flies?

Guy

5 hours ago, Guy said:

Can you just drop the maggots into the plants?  Do you need to wait until they've turned into flies?

Guy

I got bored after putting two or three maggots into pitchers. Lol Besides, I like to think of it as the fly version of 'The Running Man'. Which ones will make it and escape out through the roof vent...,