Any idea of ID

HannahMariia

I would say that s xswaniana is what it reminded me of straight away. But to be honest, if it didn't come with any ID and especially if it came from a garden centre, then you can't say for sure whats in it. The only thing to do is just call it sarracenia hybrid.

• Like 1

What's your experiences with repotting? Do you do it in summer (so they have chance to recover by winter) or in winter/early spring? I've always repotted February time and I've only had my S.eva flower (it is my oldest one and it normally flowers in spring and autumn but I cut them off in autumn). Am I repotting at the wrong time to stop flowering cus none of my others have flowered either, they were all bought last year (apart from Eva).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I report any time over winter e.g. November - March. They should flower every spring, but occasionally you'll see a summer or autumn flower if the weather is a bit up and down. Non-spring flowers are usually on short stems (maybe they soon realise they're flowering at the wrong time and grow a short stem to save energy).

Some plants are proflific flowerers and some don't flower every year. The number of insects caught the year before might be a factor.

• Like 1

Thanks for that advice all of my sarrs are rescued so maybe they've needed more time to recover from the GC. You can see the Eva at the back with the flowers. I'm not sure if they've pollinated themselves or not, I'm just going to experiment really and see what happens. They are just stating to colour up now too...finally haha! 30818bbb1e1c34f72e335231a17f8a2f.jpg

• Like 1

Your purpurea look great Hannah, nice big pitcher on your Darlingtoina to.

• Like 1

My purp,s catch nothing at all in the greenhouse, but when I put them outside they catch loads of flys!

• Like 1

I fill the purps pitchers with water as I read that unlike other sarrs they rely on rain water to fill up pitches and catch food. Catches lots of moths too. I heard something buzzing in one of them today. I check for bees and try to rescue them but they can't be saved from the darlingtoina

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HannahMariia said:

I fill the purps pitchers with water as I read that unlike other sarrs they rely on rain water to fill up pitches and catch food. Catches lots of moths too. I heard something buzzing in one of them today. I check for bees and try to rescue them but they can't be saved from the darlingtoina

I fill the pitchers to, but I'm not going to put my fingers in the purp's water to save anything, it stinks (and I want them to get as much food as possible, to grow as big as they can). 

• Like 1

Lol. If insects fall in the water the plants are sat in I'll rescue them to fight another day, but not from the plants. Lol

• Like 1