Hi

AndeeUK

Hi from Bradford. I started with carnivorous plants two years ago, at Harrogate flower show, when looking at Wacks Carnivorous plants and bought my first Sarracenia. Last year my other half brought me back a Nephensis from the Gardeners World Show. Since then I have managed to grow from seed a Venus Fly Trap and another Sarracenia, although both of them are about a month old so very small. A visit last week weekend to Wacks at Scampton and I now have another Sarracenia.

You could say I have taken the bait and are now hooked on CPs. You certainly need patience with these plants. I have nearly given up on growing from seed, but I now seem to have got the hang of it.

Came across this forum yesterday and spent most of last night reading through the topics. Thank you all, some great information.

Welcome to CPUK!

The archive of diverse information here is invaluable, particularly to those tentatively starting out. Growing from seed can take a while but is rewarding to watch them grow.

Welcome do you have a greenhouse YET .If  not you will soon be wanting one .Hobby is addictive and resistance is FUTILE

Greenhouse ? lol. I have three. Two on my alllotment 10x6 8x6 and a 6x6 at home which has frost protection.

A close up of my first vft seedling

DSC05445.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...