Trying cephs AGAIN

Boacrazed

Hey all, I grow all cps and with great success.. however cephs have always given me a hard time. I had 3 growing very well for over a year then out of no where they seemed to just fade away to nothing. So I just recently purchased a few new ones. 

Would I be better off growing them in my highland tank? 76 during the day and 55 at night?

or in my tent.. 80 daytime 69 night. 

Both at 80-90% humidity 

thanks for the help 

The highland tank would give a better night temperature drop which they seem to appreciate - in their natural Australian habitats, the annual lows are between 10-19°C (50-66°F).

As for why the previous Cephs withered away, it could be much more than just temperatures at fault though - i.e certain temp & humidity microclimates can be tolerated in one form of potting media but not another.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stu said:

The highland tank would give a better night temperature drop which they seem to appreciate - in their natural Australian habitats, the annual lows are between 10-19°C (50-66°F).

As for why the previous Cephs withered away, it could be much more than just temperatures at fault though - i.e certain temp & humidity microclimates can be tolerated in one form of potting media but not another.

I'm starting to think the bigger ceph I received won't fit in the highland tank.. so you think it would be better off in a tray by a window or in the tent? 

• 4 weeks later...

In a tray on a window silk with permament waterin during the summer. Much better outside, mayby on  balcony. They love fresh air. The temperture is not so important. They tolerate temperatures from -2° up to +40°C.