Drosera anglica issues

gruenemonster

Hi guys,

actually i got issues with my D. anglica.. All my plants seem to rot at the leafbase. I grow them outside in bog and in full sun. I think the problem is too high temperature because it was over 30 degree cesius the last weeks. Other perannual Drosera like intermedia and filiformis do fine right next to the anglicas. Did everybody got the same experiences with high temperatures and issues with anglica?

The anglicas start falling down, leags are still fresh and dewed.. only leafbase rots, a few days later plants are diying completeley. No dormacy! The whole plants are rotten finally..

Thanks for your help.

Florian

Are they seed grown,it could just be that that clone,or seeds from that clone don't do well in heat.

I grow some in the greenhouse,from seed and all from one location and these are fine with the heat even when the doors have been shut, we all know the temperatures a closed greenhouse can get to.

saying that i can't grow filiformis,they just rot in early spring for me.

ada

Hi, do you use live sphagnum? I grow anglica (seed grown with english location, in live sphagnum moss), filiformis (seed grown, a red form), and intermedia (seed grown, in sphagnum moss too) almost side by side in full sun and open air, just a coverage above. Filiformis and intermedia  are doing well, the anglica is flowering but leaves are dying probably because of the sun, here in Italy is really strong and a typical aspen (poplar) seed invasion,but the growing point is ok thank to LSM.

Ada, in the past years i lost many filiformis for mould. Winters here could be strong but always really humid, so i keep filiformis barely damp, open air and as much sun as i can supply. I've found that temperate sundews are very sensitive to lack of air circulation.