HannahMariia

Nepenthes ID

15 posts in this topic

image.thumb.jpeg.165a76557e14e3ceb02a8fcfd6f5afec.jpegHi! My first post. I've been keeping CPs for around 3yrs now. Just wondering if anyone can help me ID this please.

it looks very similar to one of my sanguinea's that was bought from Hampshire carnivorous plants. But the pitcher has a slightly different shape to a sanguinea and the leaves are a deeper purple. 

Thanks! 

Hello, It can be rebeca sooper. I have very similar plant to this one.

2 people like this

Welcome to the forum! Yeah I agree with Jurkyluis, where did you get it from?

1 person likes this

Hello, It can be rebeca sooper. I have very similar plant to this one.

Thankyou! I did wonder about 'Rebecca Soper'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! Yeah I agree with Jurkyluis, where did you get it from?

I actually bought it from a reptile pet shop! I was shocked that they had them for sale.

I spoke with Matt Soper about this last year and he told me that the true N. Rebecca Soper doesn't have red leaves.  There's obviously another plant in circulation that looks similar.

1 person likes this

I spoke with Matt Soper about this last year and he told me that the true N. Rebecca Soper doesn't have red leaves.  There's obviously another plant in circulation that looks similar.

Could it be a sanguinea? 6d5a8ca48beb7749362f4a0a935fc76b.jpg this is my sanguinea that was bought from Matt Soper? fa33433f6691ae41f83aff41b757ecc0.jpg as you can see they both look very similar.

Could it be a sanguinea? 6d5a8ca48beb7749362f4a0a935fc76b.jpg this is my sanguinea that was bought from Matt Soper? fa33433f6691ae41f83aff41b757ecc0.jpg as you can see they both look very similar.

The top plant is the sanguinea, bottom one is the Unknown.

I don't know very much about Nepenthes so can't comment further with any degree of certainty.  Someone else will though.

1 person likes this

I don't know very much about Nepenthes so can't comment further with any degree of certainty.  Someone else will though.

Okay, Thankyou :)

Richard have right. Many clones are not properly tagged. But when I have low light for this nepenthes he have green leaves. Only better light paint leaves red. When I bought this nepenthes, he was tagged as sanguinea.

1 person likes this

It can be N. judith soper maybe

1 person likes this

I've been doing some reading and N. Gracilis has purple leaves. It's not a gracilis though, some maybe a hybrid between sanguinea and gracilis. I'm sure it's got sanguinea in it as its looks so similar to my sanguinea.

Think I could have found out what it is. N. Sanguinea 'Black jack'.

2 people like this

I think thats probably correct.  I also got a couple of these a while back, i think one was actually labelled sanguinea, somewhere allong the way i started thinking they were rebecca soper but this thread and what Richard said about Rebecca Soper not have having red leaves does all fit together.

There was some discussion about these very dark sanguineas a while back, some possibility that it was a hybrid (most sanguineas seem to be green and larger).

Most i'd's on hybrid patents need to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway, Sanguinea 'black jack' seems like a good enough id.

1 person likes this