Sarracenia Distribution Map

tombennet

I've built an interactive Sarracenia map, and thought it might be of interest to other growers. Each species is plotted with county-level distribution data and subspecies info, where applicable - just hover your mouse over the map (or touch if you're on a phone). The map is part of my Sarracenia growing guide, but you can jump straight to the map using this link: 
https://www.carnivorousplants.co.uk/resources/how-to-grow-pitcher-plants/#map

Hopefully it's useful to fellow forum members. More information on the source data is available in the accompanying blog post here. If you've got questions or suggestions for improvements, I'd like to hear them. Thanks!

@Richard Bunn Thanks Richard, much appreciated. If you have any ideas for similar tools you'd like to see, do let me know - the hybrid calculator (scroll to the end of the Nepenthes guide) was originally Rob Cantley's idea!

@linuxman Cheers linuxman. Are you referring to the yellow I used for S. flava on the map? If so, that's easy to change. I tried to go for high-contrast colours to ensure colour-blind visitors could still use the map, but I agree that some colours aren't quite perfect. 

Great website Tom and good to see it developing fast.

Your Raspberry Pi terrarium tutorial has been an invaluable source of help for me setting up my own. I definitely owe you a beer/coffee for that! :tu:

The Nepenthes resources are also very interesting... very handy and easy to use tools for checking requirements.

Thanks Stu, really pleased to hear the terrarium tutorial has been useful :smile: I know some other growers who've adapted the instructions to create greenhouse controllers too, which is pretty cool.

Got some new resources in the pipeline, but I'll continue to update the Nep charts and Sarracenia distribution map based on feedback. :thumbsup: