Carnivorous Plant Weekend - Derbyshire UK

Gaz

I was just searching for online CP nurseries and stumbled across a "Carnivorous Plant Weekend" to be held on the 6/7 May weekend at Swarkestone Nursery & Garden Centre (DE73 7QG) near Derby.  I'm not familiar with this garden centre and I don't know any more than that but it might be worth a visit for anybody in the area.  Apparently they have "expert advice" on hand, so who's that I wonder?  Anyone on CPUK?

I've already got a visit to Manchester Cactus Market booked for the 6th so I'm going to have to do some of my best sweet-talking to try to get a pass for CPs on the 7th.  They do have a restaurant so I can always offer a bribe of tea 'n' a bun :laugh:

8 hours ago, Multimammat said:

Just been. He has lots of cobra lily for sale and a few other plants. 

I'm already sorted for cobra lily thanks to forum members a few weeks back, so with that in mind would you say it's worth a 2 hour+ round trip from North Derbyshire?

Thanks for the info, I did want to support them what with them being in the same county and all that but only if it's worth tying up a significant part of my Sunday so I'll probably give it a miss this time.  I overspent at the Manchester Cactus Market this afternoon anyway so it's probably best if I stay away from anybody selling plants for a while :yes:

• Like 1