Nepenthes problem

DarkHorse

Hello CPUK,

This is the first post I have put up on here so I hope I am in the right section and I am doing this right (please let me know if I should move this somewhere). 

I have no idea what the type is as it never came with a label. We have had it for a while now, maybe around 3 years. 

My issue is that it doesn't seem to be pitchering at all despite the leaves looking quite healthy (of what I can see the top ones are dark green and shiny, the bottom ones look more dry and have fallen off over time). I grew it up a stick (IE tied it against a cane) for a while before I realised how they are supposed to look and I am wondering if it is too tall now?

I repotted it in sphagnum moss and perlite recently because I was not sure of the potting medium it was in. Also, it is now kept on a south facing windowsill which gets a lot of light through it and is quite warm (it is about 20 cm above a radiator). I water it every day with rainwater to keep the medium moist. Not sure of the humidity levels, I suppose it is quite dry in the room it is kept in and I dont know if that might be a factor, how would I keep it humid without it being in a terrarium?

I appreciate any advice you can give me. 

Thanks, 

DarkHorse

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hello Darkhorse and welcome! I'm not a nepenthes expert, but i grow several nepenthes in my windowsill, which are doing great, so you don't necessarily need a terrarium.
How long ago did you change the conditions? In my experience nepenthes can take a lot of time to adjust. I hope it isnt standing in water? Nepenthes dont like wet feet!
Nepenthes mainly need light to produce pitchers again, but, as i learned the hard way, suddenly putting them in lots of sunlight, when they come from a shaded area is a bit of a shock to them. I have gradually let mine adjust to the amount of sunlight before i could keep them in my southwindow. They were in a north facing window before, where they didn't get enough light. I hope this helps you. I think you have taken some good decisions and i hope more experienced ppl can help you further.
What might help is: did it have pitchers when you got it? Maybe you remember what they looked like?

Thank you for your advice. 

I only changed the potting medium around 2 weeks ago. I do remember hearing that they are very sensitive to change. But I just wanted to make sure I was making the right changes. I will make sure it isn't standing in water for sure. 

They have been in the sun for a while now though they have been on the South facing window for around a month. 

It was a very long time ago when they had pitchers :( haha. Hopefully it will pitcher again someday and I can take some pictures to identify it. 

Looks like a humidity problem mainly. With the UK being fairly cool, humidity in a heated house is going to be very low, so windowsill growing is a little harder to get away with. Still, you could try putting some water trays nearby (makes more sense if you have other carnivorous plants which grow sitting in water), or putting it near a bathroom/kitchen/tumble dryer such that it can draw on some second hand humidity. It may benefit from a spray of water with one of those spray bottles at midday when it's getting sun, when you can. The only plants I can get to consistently pitcher on a windowsill are N. truncata and to some extent N. maxima and N. veitchii. I moved my N. sanguinea, another purportedly easy windowsill grower, into my terrarium and all of its tendrils immediately produced pitchers after not doing so at all.