Phantom

Melcourt 'Growbark - Pine' stockist S.E. Manchester

Having searched high and low for the highly recommended Melcourt bark, (that I don't have to buy in bulk or pay a fortune  for in delivery) I found a Melcourt stockist - who doesn't currently stock Growbark - but is willing to order some in IF there's interest in it.

So if you're in the South East Manchester area and after a bag or two, then please drop them a message (Facebook link on website) saying so...

http://www.dbgardennurseries.co.uk 

Hyde, Cheshire (M60, M67)

Col

• Like 2

Thanks, very useful to know as it's only a couple of miles from me.

They do have a pallet of the stuff in stock now.

They also, last year, bought a collection of CPs (mainly Sarracenia & Darlingtonia, from photos I've seen), so if you ever visit for the Growbark ask for a look at them....maybe something you like in there - not sure if they are selling or not.

I talked them into stocking the growbark, but haven't had the time to visit/buy yet.....and I only live in Ashton !!!

Edited by Phantom
Wrong product name !!!

And I've just paid £18 to get a bag from JFC Monro! I'll take a trip over to DB and buy some more.

I'll definitely have to go over and have a look, to see their collection and have a look at what else they sell.  Somewhere I've kept meaning to go to see what they have, but never got there even though I only live in Glossop.

Hi

what people like Mike King are using is Melcourt's composted fine bark.

Dennis

19 hours ago, Alexis said:

I'll take a trip over to DB and buy some more.

Please do.

The deal was that if they stocked it, I would do what I could to make sure they manage to sell it all !!

6 hours ago, dennisB said:

Hi

what people like Mike King are using is Melcourt's composted fine bark.

Dennis

Definitely Grow Bark Pine Dennis.

Searching 'melcourt' on the forum, it seems Mike started with the composted stuff, then changed to (both) growbark pine and hortibark pine....with a composted stuff topping and finally settles on growbark pine.

It is slightly difficult to read the bag of Melcourt to see exactly what you have. I have discussed this on another thread. It is printed down one edge.