Worldwide Free Trade Initiative & Invitation

Recently, I got into a discussion with a new friend of mine from Holland whom gave me the direction to take the initiative and get this done. I live in the east coast, USA and had no idea how easy and free it was to get my small seed lot permit meaning I can legally import up to 49 sarracenia seeds at a time. I need to look into it further to see if I can export seeds for free too. I will also start expanding at some point to include other carnivorous seeds. 

I would love to be able to open up some sort of repor with carnivorous enthusiast from other countries so we can all come together to share our passions. Chances are if it is free to import seeds to the united states then I am certain other countries have similar programs. For the U.S.A it is called a small seed lot permit and is 100% free to get. If more of us follow suit and get these permits we can all legally import seeds and trade with one another. I would like to establish a free trade alliance for seeds throughout the world so if some of you get the same permits please contact me.

Ideally if some sort of foundation is established then perhaps we can collectively build from there and trade more than seeds in the long run. It can be possible. Please pm me if bridging these gaps may interest you for sarracenia or any carnivore as i think it would be awesome if we can build some bridges. 

Edited by cpbobby
  • Like 2

its a great idea and has been around for some time. I have used it to send seeds to the US before.

It is a bit fiddly until you get used to it but it works if you are willing to take a bit of time to count the seeds,label them and list them.As well as make sure they are totally clean and get the right colour label on the inside and outside of the package(i'm clourblind)

ada

right, 

I do not know about other countries but if you can get your small seed lot permits; I will be more than happy to send seeds to you so we can all enjoy some additional genetic diversity. :)

right now I can import from france, uk, italy and the netherlands but I think amending the permit should be pretty straight forward should someone from a country not listed wants to participate.

way it works is if I want to import seeds, I send a copy of my permit and a shipping label the exporter uses them, i am guessing the reverse is true if anyone would wish to import from me.

I have a few things I am working on but at sometime soon I will begin to present some inventory available to trade. :)

Edited by cpbobby

I think that you'll find that the import requirements for other countries vary from those of the US. The US is the only country with the small seed lots permit.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:02 AM, Sean Spence said:

I think that you'll find that the import requirements for other countries vary from those of the US. The US is the only country with the small seed lots permit.

aw man! 

I did a quick google search and not all is bad! It appears Canada has a similar program and the uk you just fill out a form you can get from the post office. I will need to do some more digging to see if it is as easy for italy, france australia and holland. 

To import seeds in the UK you just have to fill out a standard customs form obtained from the PO? And if the same rules apply for Australia?

Can some of you help me to confirm this? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated and with the knowledge that it is actually easier to do for the rest of the world would be greatly encouraging.

If any of  you can help me, just reply with to confirm the process and take a pic of the blank form. I think getting the information out there, correct and with pics might embolden others to join in where otherwise they might stay idle thinking it is more difficult.

Speaking of which I might do a write-up to demonstrate how people can get the permit in the U.S.

Side note: I need to amend my permit to include Canada and Australia.

Edited by cpbobby

Australia has a list of permitted species and if on that list the seed simply needs to be clean and labelled to allow importation.