Cheap water Trays

I saw in B & Q yesterday that they stock large trays for £4. They measure 51 x 42 x 10 cm, so a good depth, especially if you're fussing at work in the summer months about your plants drying out back in the greenhouse. They also do a propagator cover for about £8.

The only down side is that small pots can tip in the grooves, but hey, for 4 quid we can put up with that!

Nigel HC

tray.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nigel H-C said:

I saw in B & Q yesterday that they stock large trays for £4. They measure 51 x 42 x 10 cm, so a good depth, especially if you're fussing at work in the summer months about your plants drying out back in the greenhouse. They also do a propagator cover for about £8.

The only down side is that small pots can tip in the grooves, but hey, for 4 quid we can put up with that!

Nigel HC

tray.jpg

These are like the ones I use

Wilkos also sell similar gravel trays to the ones Nigel has mentioned. Another option that I use are the trays that are sold to hold grow bags they aren't as deep, but plenty deep enough, and are probably about twice the length.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I find the big, square, black garland trays to be excellent. They are similar to the one Nigel posted but are smooth bottomed, straight-sided and made of a thick and tough plastic. They are designed to hold square pots neatly together and are a favourite of hydroponics setups, so you can find them relatively cheaply from hydroponics stockists near you.

Here's a link to show what I'm talking about (unfortunately no Charlie's store near me).. http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/garland-square-gravel-tray

They also do the titan, 1M & 1.2M square versions but at considerably higher cost (probably easier to go with a DIY flooded bench if going that big!)

One of my friends owns a pet shop, so I get cat litter trays cheep (about £1 each), so that's what I uese!

Edited by B52
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...