fluorescent tube replacement with LED

As an amateur I have been researching artificial growth light for Carnivorous plants some time now. I have even tried some new small Led lights with specific blue and red spectra for growing some Drosera. My initial goal was to turn any Drosera dark red with the lowest Watt’s. Although LEDs have great potential, I cultivate these plants in our living area, and the purple Led lights are not that fun to look at. This color spectrum is not suitable for human eyes. So back to fluorescent lighting, or white light. I am working on a new light armature using a combination of 3 fluorescent light tubes (PL). I have done my research on what my plants need and what the fluorescents light wavelengths can bring me. A combination of 3000K,4000K and 6500K will do fine, total Wattage of 70 watt. As I was doing my lamp research I stumbled on Fluorescent light tube replacements with LED tubes. Although the Lumen amount is less, the wavelengths are the same, 3000K-6500Kelvin.

MASTER LEDtube InstantFit (HF) by a famous Dutch company…

Has anyone here tried these fluorescent tube replacements with same color wavelength Kelvins? With what results?

Kind regards,

Youri

• 1 month later...

I've a mixture in my terrrarium at the moment of white light one one side and red/blue light on the other (both LED) - I only installed the red/blue one about a fortnight ago, I'm still waiting to see if there's any difference in growth, but haven't noticed anything so far.