Which Pollinating Brush

Deltatango301

I used small paint brushes in the past, but switched to cotton sticks. These work for me just fine and they are cheap and disposable, so no need to clean them. During the pollination season I keep them in ziplock bags to avoid cross contamination.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 2

I already doubted if that was the right word for it. As a non native speaker it can be difficult sometimes.. Don't forget to label the ziplock bags with the name of the pollen donor, but that's pretty obvious.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I am not happy with cotton buds because the pollen stick too much on them and a lot of it is wasted. I use very small short-haired painter brushes. If I have to pollinate different plants (this occurs most of the time), I put them in boiling water for a few seconds between each operation to sterilize them. By the way, I think that it is important to repeat the pollinisation several time to increase the probability of success and maximize the number of seeds.