Will seeds still germinate?

I went up to my allotment yesterday and found this nightmare on opening my polytunnel

IMG_0501.thumb.JPG.a71f6fb459acd197421401ce07159477.JPG

Some ******** have been inside the polytunnel and destroyed all my seed pots and trays - no damage had been done in the bad storms on Thursday as I was up there on Friday afternoon.  Looking around the site there's been damage to other people's plots too including smashed greenhouse windows, fencing pulled down, raised beds being trashed - but nothing taken, so most likely kids.  Luckily I've got most plants at home, apart from a few up there along with nearly all my seeds.  The few plants that I have up there have been identified thankfully as I'd not trimmed them back yet and been re-potted.  For the time being I'm definitely sticking with the tunnel until we know how things will pan out.

I've scooped up what I could from the floor (luckily it's an old carpet that's down as weed suppressant) and spread it quite thinly in seed trays, in the hope that what seeds I've found will still germinate, even though I don't know which are which anymore.  Although if they germinate I should be able to which some are eventually. 

I'm wondering if the seeds will be likely to germinate even if they're not on the surface of the peat/perlite mix?  They're a mixture of Sarracenia, Drosera, Cephalotus and VFTs?

Thats awful! I feel for you, the seeds should still germinate if you managed to scoop them up.  I think spread thinly over trays and kept damp is the way to go. I was cramming pots of cacti seeds into my propagators earlier this year and knocked over one, individually each pot is in a small bag with some water and it all intermingled.  I strained it and put back in the pot even though the seeds were nowhere to be seen, well they've germinated fine so hopefully you'll be as lucky. 

good luck with the seeds I despair of the kids these days no respect for any one or anything I blame the political correctness of our time and lack of discipline at school and home