Sarracenia and botrytis, some good news from the war...!

KEPBEPOS

I am Growing sarracenia almost 7 years now without any serious problem but from Autom of 2016 a nightmare begins...Some of my sarracenia infected with botrytis(propably  somehow from our vineyards ).Fist I let the pots  almost dry and I increase the air movement after  I was  start to searching for a good chemical fungicide I begin with NEOTOPSIN 70 WG  but very soon I saw some good results in infected plants but not in spores  wich they can  widely spread with the weaker movement of air.... so more plants infected!

I made a research and I find  that maybe trichoderma helps I made one applies per week for 3 weeks no results.. (careful with trichoderma grains becouse it contain very hight ammout of salts and increase the ppm of water...). I   finaly find some ecological treatment from Bayer Serenade Max WP botrytis special design to stop botrytis spores and reduce the infection .After 2 months and 4 applies the new plants infections stoped and some of  infeced overcome!!!I must say that  after the spraying Bayer Serenade Max WP  a thin withe layer   cover the plant and prevent the spores to propagate and spread! Finaly I aslo tested on Drosera filiformis with excellent results!

I hope to be helpful those results!

Best regards,

Pantelis

Edited by KEPBEPOS
  • Thanks 1

Hi, how does the growing points look? I'm asking this because in the past years had the same problem with botrytis . But in my case was a consequence of some root rot or rizhome cancer.

Look for chemicals with the ingredients Cyprodinil in addition with Fludioxonil, here in Germany it runs under the name of Botrysan, allowed for strawberries and grapes.

It worked for all plants I used it. Lilies and Sarracenia with heavy frost damage included.

Though I have not used it now for some years.

It prevents spores to spread very effective and kills the mould.

Edited by partisangardener
spelling