KEPBEPOS

Old seeds from www.czplants.com 0% germination.....

KEPBEPOS    38

Hi everyone I  bought some drosera capensis and binata seeds   from www.czplants.com and 2 moths  now I do not see any sight of germination .The seeds was too old and defective. When I made my order I mention that I would like fresh seeds.....It is very disappointing to spend all those money and time for nothing......I have also send an email to www.czplants.com and they ignor me.....  Total waste of money and unprofessional behaviour........

Edited by KEPBEPOS

Richard    50

How are you certain the seed is old?

To be honest capensis and binata seeds are quite tough anyway and I would still expect s high germination rate from old seed. I take it you sowed the seed in December? What conditions are you keeping the seed in? Both of these plants have a winter dormant period so winter would not be the optimum time to expect germination. Keep hold of the pots, you will probably find they will germinate readily once spring arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEPBEPOS    38
23 minutes ago, Richard said:

How are you certain the seed is old?

To be honest capensis and binata seeds are quite tough anyway and I would still expect s high germination rate from old seed. I take it you sowed the seed in December? What conditions are you keeping the seed in? Both of these plants have a winter dormant period so winter would not be the optimum time to expect germination. Keep hold of the pots, you will probably find they will germinate readily once spring arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Richard ,

First of all Iam not a beginner in carnivorous plants  I have been growing binata and capensis 7 yaers now and I have mora than 17 varieties of each one.I  sow them in mini thermal greenhouce at 25C costant temberature and 12h lighting  in my house in December to have almost mature plants at the end of Summer.The fresh seeds germinating  from 7-14 days if they are older 3-4 weeks .The binata seeds does not last to me frech more that 4  yaers in ziplock bags  the capensis last more 5 years.So be sure that those seeds was too old , also if you will check the internet you will see many people to make complains about seeds from this website...unfortunately Iam not the onlyone....

Edited by KEPBEPOS

robs    10

What's disgusting about this matter is this seller as done this many times before and gets away with it . On top of this that seller is a sponsor of this forum and the moderators know about all this and done nothing to protect future buyers on this forum .

• Like 3

Argo88    27

I also bought pinguiculas seeds... three varieties... only two seedlings, totally white, that dead very soon... bought the some seeds from other sellers, good germination, very grreen and strong seedlings

KEPBEPOS    38

It is very distarbing also that when I made a claim to paypal  they do not accept it and they said :

"After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The listing accurately described the item you received. We cannot grant claims based on buyer's remorse."

Propably he knows that we can not take our money back from paypal and he continue to do this, but if you whant to be a remarkable sheller you can not have those attitudes with your customers....