Sign in to follow this  
Scuipici

Good miticide in EU

Scuipici    8

Anyone knows a good miticide against spider mites? My drosera spatulata has some spider mites and the miticide that I have burns the plants. If anyone knows a place within EU where I can buy it ( preferably not too expensive) I would appreciate it a lot.

Argo88    28

I've used on dioneas "Bayer garden- Borneo", with good results, but it kills only eggs and larvae of spider mites, not adults

picol    19

I've used borneo too on vfts and it was really goog. I also sprayed the sundews just for precaution without burning sign. And yes its specific against eggs and juvenile form.

Edited by picol

Scuipici    8
20 hours ago, Argo88 said:

I've used on dioneas "Bayer garden- Borneo", with good results, but it kills only eggs and larvae of spider mites, not adults

What do I do about the adult ones?

Argo88    28
3 hours ago, Scuipici said:

What do I do about the adult ones?

There are some products for adult ones, but I've never used it... The adultes ones die if the water touch them... so you could one day spray the plants with water and, after some days, to use "Bayern Borneo" to kill all eggs and larvae;-)

• Like 1

Scuipici    8
1 hour ago, Argo88 said:

There are some products for adult ones, but I've never used it... The adultes ones die if the water touch them... so you could one day spray the plants with water and, after some days, to use "Bayern Borneo" to kill all eggs and larvae;-)

I'll try that, I'm ordering one bottle and i'm going to try it. Spider mites are my nightmare, I'm starting to have dreams of them killing my entire collection of plants.

David Ahrens    54

I take that you are sure that it really is red spider. Cp's are grown in such wet conditions that red spider doesn't generally like it like that. 

You could try spraying with plain water regularly, red spider wouldn't like that and would simply clear off.

corky    330

Could also try submerging the plant for a day , I'm sure a sundew would survive

• Like 1

Scuipici    8
On 1/22/2017 at 2:03 PM, David Ahrens said:

I take that you are sure that it really is red spider. Cp's are grown in such wet conditions that red spider doesn't generally like it like that. 

You could try spraying with plain water regularly, red spider wouldn't like that and would simply clear off.

i think it's the other one, the one who is white-ish with a black spot.