CP related podcast - Would you listen to it?

Carnivorous Plant Podcast  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If you actually could be interested in a CP related Podcast, what would you like to hear from it?

• An interview ONLY based podcast where all CP discussion is done through interviews with growers, sellers, hobbyists etc?
    • A topic based podcast where I rattle off educational information about each variety of Carnivorous Plant and cover the pros and cons of a variety of growing methods?
    • Or a mix of both since the most opportunity to keep this interesting is to include both. Evergreen Tip episodes along with tips gained from asking the well-known experts.
    • A podcast that is focused around chronicling the adventure of growing different varieties of CPs. Following me on my journey of mistakes and successes growing all types of CPs?
    • Other - Please mention what your other is in the thread below. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Scuipici said:

That's great to hear. I like the colored logo with the green/blue vft. It's simple and not overkill and it looks cool, I really like it.

Bummer. Sorry I like the other one more. But my artist buddy liked yours more too which is why he colored it. AND it is very recognizable. Immediately recognizable too. 

Let's see what this artist I am working with now comes up with for the version I like and go from there. :D 

7 hours ago, Keith said:

I agree with Scuipici, but a white Leucophylla on a black background with a Vft snapping away at it's heels 

This things gone daft....sorry about strange repeats

The board software is nuts lately...I don't think I like it but I am ever grateful for this place remaining in tact! I have been a member since 2003 and would miss it VERY much if it was gone. So I am grateful to all the Admins whose countless hours on this has maintained the database, all forum posts and the memberships running all this time! :D 

And I agree with you about the leucophylla! I told my artist that the Sarracenia I wanted was a flava because of it's simple coloring. But I would have loved to have a leuco on it because even though I have never grown one I am in love with their look. :D    

Scuipici, just showed my wife the options too and she liked the VFT one more too! 

That seals it, I am going to have the artist work on the one you guys liked more as well. AND it really is the most instantly recognizable option and I might as well give this podcast everything it needs to succeed! :D 

Thanks for your feedback!

Here comes a little less cartoony but still stylized silhouette of a Dionaea muscipula logo! :D 

AmazingWorldofCarnivorousPlantsLogo.jpg

15 hours ago, David Ahrens said:

This thread is going on and on. If someone wants to do a podcast, just get on with it. Just what you are going to talk about I don't know. Probably something like 

"it's that time of year, time to repot your Sarries"

Haha fair enough. I am certainly the one most disappointed I haven't been able to start it yet. But hopefully you will give it a listen when it goes live and I hope you can find interest in it. There will be segments intended to pump up complete newbs to the topic. Which will likely bore you. But the podcast is not going to be a guide or an almanac to people. It won't be that alarm that says "Time to repot your Sarries." While I am sure it will get mentioned of course. 

I am hoping my approach will be interesting to both longtime CP enthusiasts even though it IS directed at complete newbs to the topic. Educating the newbs and exciting those just discovering the amazing world of CPs. 

When I first found out there were many many types of CPs out there I drank like a man stranded in the desert every single book and website I could find on the topic. I loved reading about them. So I am hoping that our podcast can be water to those thirsty to hear more about CPs. 

Despite your sarcasm, David, since you know as well as I do that a thread that is merely two pages long is far from going "on and on" I do appreciate that you are aware of the podcast and hope you will give it a try when it comes out! :D 

-Aaron

On 11/1/2017 at 10:07 PM, Odysseus said:

Scuipici, just showed my wife the options too and she liked the VFT one more too! 

That seals it, I am going to have the artist work on the one you guys liked more as well. AND it really is the most instantly recognizable option and I might as well give this podcast everything it needs to succeed! :D 

Thanks for your feedback!

Here comes a little less cartoony but still stylized silhouette of a Dionaea muscipula logo! :D 

AmazingWorldofCarnivorousPlantsLogo.jpg

Yea, the logo just sticks in your head from the first time you see it and that's a good thing because it's easier for people to recognize it. Also it's the iconic carnivorous plant that everyone knows, even those who are not growing these plants.

I disagree with David, there are many topics to be talked about. From species, to cultivars, to growing mediums ( i think we can all agree that peat exploitation is bad for established ecosystems and we need alternatives ), beginner guides, in depth trap mechanism,  conservation acts, wild populations etc.  there is a lot to be talked about. There's this guy who does the InDefenseOfPlants podcasts and besides the interviews and stuff, he did these hiking audio where he described the plants he met in the wild. He went through a swamp with a boat describing the species and it was really cool but it was all audio, so I suggested to him to take a camera with him and he did so. Now he does the regular podcasts and sometimes he does these videos and is really cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIQva_w3KEE&t=1s  check out his website, he's new but growing. Maybe Odysseus can do something similar, doing podcasts and every now and then a video with a wild colony of carnivorous plants, that would be fantastic.

I have heard In Defense of Plants too but I haven't found his videos yet! Thanks for the link. :D

I am actually already a YouTuber for Photography so not only can I do some videos, I plan on it. And I have some decent gear to do it. So I really look forward to being able to provide content like that and it would be BLAST to do! :D 

Lots of good topics to go over and I am not worried about running out of things to say for at least two solid years of podcasting! As my plan is to ease into this depending on demand and audience, it will be even easier to maintain subjects to talk about.