Odysseus

CP related podcast - Would you listen to it?

Carnivorous Plant Podcast   5 members have voted

1. 1. If you actually could be interested in a CP related Podcast, what would you like to hear from it?

• An interview ONLY based podcast where all CP discussion is done through interviews with growers, sellers, hobbyists etc?
    • A topic based podcast where I rattle off educational information about each variety of Carnivorous Plant and cover the pros and cons of a variety of growing methods?
    • Or a mix of both since the most opportunity to keep this interesting is to include both. Evergreen Tip episodes along with tips gained from asking the well-known experts.
    • A podcast that is focused around chronicling the adventure of growing different varieties of CPs. Following me on my journey of mistakes and successes growing all types of CPs?
    • Other - Please mention what your other is in the thread below. Thanks!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have noticed posts mentioning the Sarracenia Northwest podcast, but I can't seem to find it using their name or Carnivorous Plants as keywords. So maybe they stopped producing it. That led me to thinking more seriously about starting a Carnivorous Plant related podcast of my own. I already have a podcast I am doing for Photography and I am interested in branching out into a second or third podcast. (I just really enjoy hearing myself talk. :P)  

I am curious, would any of you actually listen to it?

I ask - not because I am promoting the idea to hope to GET you guys to listen but actually - to see if the ACTUAL fellow nerdy lovers of CPs would have any interest in one. Because if the nerds like me are honestly NOT interested, then expecting the masses to actually listen is definitely out of the question. 

If you would actually listen to a CP related Podcast, what would you want to hear on it?

I am adding a poll to see what people's responses are. 

Thanks all! 

-Aaron 

Edited by Odysseus
2 people like this

The sarracenia northwest podcast didn't stop but it's only once / month and it's short, like 15-20 min long. They call it podcasts but it's more of an update in my opinion. Here is the latest from this month https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erpqnAAxp-s

That said, I would love an actual podcast, it would be a blast. I'm sure other CP growers would love it too. There's one podcast that sometimes talks about CP but it's mostly about all plants, it's called InDefenseOfPlants. If you create a well detailed, well researched podcast, you won a viewer in me :) . As for the poll, I would like to see all of those topics, so I can't vote 1 in particular, since all of them seems of value.

Awesome Scuipici, between the positive feedback from you and others in the Terraforums I definitely going to create one.

There are stories to be shared and I will have a blast interviewing Growers and hearing their stories and favorite plants, on top of getting Well Detailed and Well Researched topics out there would be a lot of fun.

I know there will be some dissenting opinions of those shared on the podcast, but I will do my best to couch all discussions with the disclaimer that growing methods vary, we are not endorsing this one as the best or even good option but just that we will share each other's experiences with how they have done it.

But again, like you said, sharing well researched and well detailed info on each plant specie for some episodes will be a fun way to have an audio resource to learn about each type of CP and their cultivation practices. 

I am going to take some time to get content prepared and researched and then I will go for it! I am glad my friends in the CP community will have an interest because this means that it will have a primer for getting those non-CP lovers yet to come over and listen too. 

Thanks! 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Odysseus said:

Awesome Scuipici, between the positive feedback from you and others in the Terraforums I definitely going to create one.

There are stories to be shared and I will have a blast interviewing Growers and hearing their stories and favorite plants, on top of getting Well Detailed and Well Researched topics out there would be a lot of fun.

I know there will be some dissenting opinions of those shared on the podcast, but I will do my best to couch all discussions with the disclaimer that growing methods vary, we are not endorsing this one as the best or even good option but just that we will share each other's experiences with how they have done it.

But again, like you said, sharing well researched and well detailed info on each plant specie for some episodes will be a fun way to have an audio resource to learn about each type of CP and their cultivation practices. 

I am going to take some time to get content prepared and researched and then I will go for it! I am glad my friends in the CP community will have an interest because this means that it will have a primer for getting those non-CP lovers yet to come over and listen too. 

Thanks! 

Awesome! I'm looking forward for the release day of the podcast :)