Should I divide the Titan?

Just pulled this thing and going to clean it up. It is not my biggest in my collection but it is in my top 3! 

much as I believe in not messing with my plants, I had no choice in the matter. It started growing into the side of the pot as indicated by the slightly flattened crown. I am thinking of making a very small extremity division; perhaps only a small crown or 2 as a means of preserving the plant JIC something were to happen to it. 

what are all of your opinions? make a very small division like I wanted? make a large division/break it into halves or thirds? or make no division at all?

The beast has only 12 crowns but most of the crowns are quite robust. The pic doesn't do it much justice. It is much bigger in R/L. For those of you that believe a 4 inch pot is sufficient to grow mature sarracenia, I have here exhibit A! lol. 
It is in an 18inch deep pot and I will most likely move it into a 22inch pot which should in theory allow to further expand it's root system; :)

In case any of you are wondering this is a Leah Wilkerson and an extremely happy one! 

Let me know what you guys think? 

32376344615_ff4f69bbc0_k.jpg

I already replanted it but definitely worth considering. I want to see it reach it's maximum potential before making a split. Last year was 36 inches but I have prepared a better grow area this year which should yield an additional 2-4h of evening sun. With any luck the extra light might enable it to reach up to 38 inches this year which I haven't ruled out making a reflector for it either. :woot:

I am also considering making a couple more micro divisions like the one I have later in the year outside of it's peak pitcher production.

Edited by cpbobby

It is a Leah Wilkerson:

I might make a division although I will have to prepare another pot however; I think if I make a division I will break one of the 2 large divisions into about 5 smaller divisions in order to start a Leah Wilkerson colony! :yes:

Edited by cpbobby
  • Like 1