Drosera Pygmy Gemmae

Deltatango301

When do you know your plant is ready to produce Gemmae, does it put strain on the mother plant.

It should produce gemmae during the winter. The only thing it should do to the mother plant is push the petioles of the carnivorous leaves back. And then start producing tons of modified leaves in the center of the plant. They push the petioles back to create the spring effect that spreads the gemmae around if it were to be hit with something like a raindrop. Im not exactly sure when they should start making gemmae, but its anytime during winter. You will know its gemmae because they wont grow the way normal carnivorous leaves do, they will just stay in the center of the plant. Do you think your pygmies are producing gemmae right now?

Sent from my SM-G935V

I have these ones, had them most of last year

paleacea pygmy (DS031 Hants) 

pearl pygmy (DS38 Hants)

pulchella x ericksonae pygmy  (DS39 Hants) Flower Pink

pulchella Pygmy Australia (DS030 Hants) Flower Orange

when they produce them do they germinate in the same pot or do you transfer them

I have these ones, had them most of last year

paleacea pygmy (DS031 Hants) 

pearl pygmy (DS38 Hants)

pulchella x ericksonae pygmy  (DS39 Hants) Flower Pink

pulchella Pygmy Australia (DS030 Hants) Flower Orange

when they produce them do they germinate in the same pot or do you transfer them

Well, you should wait a while until you make sure all of the gemmae have produced, then pick them one by one with a tweezer and plant them

Sent from my SM-G935V