GKJR

what do you think?

I know the question I am going to ask probably has been asked over and over. I took my intermediate nepthenes out of its terrarium and put it on my south facing window seal. The question I have is do you think it will be okay there? the temp is between 90-95 and humidity is at 20-25% and at night temp is 70 and humidity it 69%. I plan on buying a humidifier and putting it around it if I need too and I also mist it in the morning and night.

The nepenthes is a Brunei red X (spectabilis 'giant X ventricosa) and I am also thinking of putting my n. alata there too.
I know it might be one of thoses deals try it and see, but what are your thoughts.

humidity is at 20-25%

Sounds too low for me..

Temps are ok.

You could fill a flat dish with big rocks, fill it with water and put the nepenthes on top of that (or some similar trick like that). They wont stand in water with their feet, but it still increases humidity. I don't know about the temperature drop also. I know highland nepenthes like that, but lowland dont. Im not sure about your intermediate nepenthes. Maybe someone else has more experience with windowsill grown nepenthes? I am growing highland and lowland nepenthes in my south windowsill. It's not exactly what the internet tells me to do. Despite everything on the internet being true, this still works for me so far....

• Like 1

We grow plenty if nepenthes on windowsils but the humidity is much higher.  Try species with thick or hairy leaves.