Drosera regia seed search

gruenemonster

Hi everyone,

i'm completley new here. CP grower from germany named Florian. :)

I ordered several times drosera regia seeds on ebay but got dissapointed every time. All seeds were not fertilized, very small and plane. I know how real seeds should look like and would be very happy if anyone here could offer me about 30-50 seeds of regia.

kind regards,

florian

p.s.: i dont knew where i have to post a search for seeds, i'm glad if a moderator switches my thread in the right area. thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi Florian, the problem with regia, so I've heard, and it's seems to be true for my plants, it that the clones don't self pollinate or cross pollinate between two plants of the same clone. Never mind that full cross pollination is difficult too (see Slack for example,).  I've two clones plus my own seed grown and even with deliberately crossing multiple times when a seed pods swells there's only some viable seeds and many of the small shriveled ones folk are sending you.  I've a lot of flowers coming up this year so hopefully timings will be right for some good seed - watch out later in the year!  Next week I'm going to report and split a mature 'pot full'. If that goes OK them may have a few spare?

I had really good germination rates from the batch of D regia seeds that I received from the CPS. Thanks for the fresh seeds Sheila!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, gruenemonster said:

Hi everyone,

i'm completley new here. CP grower from germany named Florian. :)

I ordered several times drosera regia seeds on ebay but got dissapointed every time. All seeds were not fertilized, very small and plane. I know how real seeds should look like and would be very happy if anyone here could offer me about 30-50 seeds of regia.

kind regards,

florian

p.s.: i dont knew where i have to post a search for seeds, i'm glad if a moderator switches my thread in the right area. thanks!

Some of the seeds Florian mentions here as purchased off ebay came from me.  He returned them to me saying they were unviable. I sowed them and had 100% germination. Florian has since purchased more seeds from me and reported good results germinating them.  I did ask Florian to update this thread with the news the seeds were viable but sadly he chose not to do so.

3 hours ago, crumble said:

Some of the seeds Florian mentions here as purchased off ebay came from me.  He returned them to me saying they were unviable. I sowed them and had 100% germination. Florian has since purchased more seeds from me and reported good results germinating them.  I did ask Florian to update this thread with the news the seeds were viable but sadly he chose not to do so.

Such qoute is really funny :D  100% germination is far away from my results. It is more like 40% with your seeds.

But i ordered again from Kamil Pasek, these seeds got indeed nearly 100% germination.

3 hours ago, crumble said:

Such qoute is really funny :D  100% germination is far away from my results. It is more like 40% with your seeds.

But i ordered again from Kamil Pasek, these seeds got indeed nearly 100% germination.

I think you are missing the point here.  By your own admission you germinated my seeds, so they were not the unviable seeds you reported above.  At the time you sent me very pleased feedback.  I sowed the seeds you returned to me and at last count had 65 seedlings germinate having sold you 60 seeds.  Maybe I was just luckier than you with germination, I have never tried in vitro germination personally, mine were germinated using heat and under grow lights.  I am glad you had success with the other seeds too.  Drosera Regia is a great plant which every C.P grower should have in their collection.

Edited to add: I clearly sent you more than 60 seeds :)

Edited by crumble