Drosera adelae in the greenhouse?

manders

I tried one in the warmest section of the greenhouse, min 15C mid winter and basically it never grew properly, just about survived for a couple of years, mostly because it kept growing new plants from the leaves as the old one was dying off.  Never got bigger than a small finger nail!

Eventually moved it into an indoor terrarium where it grows like crazy, got to adult size in a few months and is now growing new plants from the roots.

However, i would really like it to be out in the greenhouse so i'm wondering the problem was, too humid, to dark, to cold or some other problem, maybe compost,? it was in live spagh.

Anyone growing them in a greenhouse and what conditions do you have?

• 2 months later...
On 13/12/2016 at 7:23 PM, manders said:

Thanks David, I'll give them another go in peat moss this time and see if it works better.

How did you get on ? Mine died this winter in the greenhouse no sign of any growth yet got down to 0 degrees

5 hours ago, Deltatango301 said:

How did you get on ? Mine died this winter in the greenhouse no sign of any growth yet got down to 0 degrees

Mines still in the house in a terrarium snug and warm and spreading like VD in a students dorm.  I'm going to split them soon and try one or two in the greenhouse, last time they were there they hated it.

I purchased one last year, potted in pure peat. It grew slowly, never looking that good. A small planet appeared in the pot so I detached it and put it in my tray of shagnum under the staging. It grew larger than its parent and far more vigorously. It survived a minimum of 4*c without trouble and it's just starting to grow actively again.