Uppem

Nepenthese species

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I found my Nepenthes at the back of a garden center on a top shelf with 90% off the sale price with the label Nepenthes large. After a couple of months it has produced this pitcher. Could someone please tell me what kind of Nepenthes I have and the best way to look after it. I have it hanging outside at present behind a shade cloth and gets afternoon sun. 5201e69ffeb6e0f4c5e715fa5827c83e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a maxima or maxima hybrid, theyre highlanders/intermediate and fairly adaptable.  Not sure what your climate is like but as long as you keep it frost free, preferably a bit warmer, it should be ok.  If its growing and pitchering then your doing something right.  Dont let it stay waterlogged, or get bone dry, and you should be fine.  I find bigger pots make them easier to look after.

Thank you I will post another photo of the whole plant as another Nepenthes has developed and I ,m not sure if it is an offshoot of the main plant or one that grew from seed. I, in the Southern Hemisphere so summer is in full swing.ad638987938dd30376939c4976b42905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a basal offshoot, just leave it alone and it will be fine.