Wistuba.com ?

Any news about wistuba.com? Ive messaged them over the months, about 2 or 3 moths ago and again about 3 weeks ago and no one ever responds, is this store open anymore? i see they are a sponsor here, Ive love to make an order with them, the have some nice specials but i mean 2 emails and not one response is a bit strange. Maybe Im flying straight in to their junk mail, i don't know. 

17 minutes ago, Killian said:

As far as I know they have a winter break.

Yeah i read that on their site, i assumed they would still respond to emails during that brake or post a date when they will be open again and let people know they are not responding to emails ?¿?¿

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fryderyk said:

I thought that too, it doesn't seem they are keen to answer any email though 

Yeah, I don't doubt it is a good shop, as i know many have bought from their, but it makes me nervous when people don't reply. I don't mind to wait a week, even two, for a reply. Three is a push but not the end of the world, I've come to expect this from carnivorous plant people, lol. I get it, most are small run private nurserys, not global companys with lots of staff, they are probably in there greenhouses all day tending plants and then in the evening when they have time they can sort of the sales and stuff.

Its worth the wait, the plants that come from dedicated nursery's are always much better, i love it, buying from these type of dedicated growers and I don't mind the wait, but nothing... man i want a order from them too, id not mind of of those ant plants that Brad has on his channel. they look pretty dam cool, and if it had a colony of ants in it it would be epic. 

Is their no Wistuba reps here on the forum?

Edited by Dr. GreenThumb
fixing spelling errors

I can only imagine how many orders he's getting each year, and how many people are sending e-mails asking questions - far too much to handle by single person. The shop will probably start again in April - I recommend you to wait patiently, like we all do :)

• Like 1

On 12/6/2016 at 6:43 AM, Ptaah said:

how many people are sending e-mails asking questions - far too much to handle by single person.

That's fair enough if they decide to take a winter brake, a little info on their website wouldn't go a miss though, like when they plan to reopen. Also an email auto-responder is so easy to set up, that way anyone sending an email would get an automated email back with a bit of spool saying were on a brake and will be back soon...

9 minutes ago, Picavorus said:

I tried to contact them a few times in the summer, but never got any replies to queries either.  In the end, I gave up and bought the plants from elsewhere.  

yeah, i feel the same, to wait until march is a long time when you not sure you will get a response anyways by then. 

Okay, so you would like to know when the shop will reopen. I guess even Wistuba doesn't know that as it depends on number of factors such as weather (outdoor temperatures), to start with. There's other big shop I know which gives an info on when it opens in spring and guess what - this year for example it opened weeks later the the declared time. So what's the use for asking such things 4 months earlier?

@Picavorus I wonder what were your questions which by not getting answers to them made you buy plants elswhere. There's simply no other shop around with such a vast choice of species. What's there to ask about?

40 minutes ago, Ptaah said:

@Picavorus I wonder what were your questions which by not getting answers to them made you buy plants elswhere. There's simply no other shop around with such a vast choice of species. What's there to ask about?

It was basic queries, mainly with regards to shipping.