carlo999

responsable of posting

carlo999    1

hello

I received some  plants two months after shipment, but two days after entering Italy, died of course.
The expedition was traceable.
The seller says it is not responsible
Is he right?

ada    550

It depends on how you bought the plants or the sellers sale conditions.

I send plants to France and Italy,they can be very awkward places to post to.    So i always state if the buyer only wants to pay standard postage, the plants are sent at the buyers risk.   Normal postage to these two countries can take weeks!!!!!!!!!

International tracked/signed is a lot more expensive for the buyer but the plants arrive in about a week(Italy) and are fine.

Only once have i had a package go astray and that came back to me after it had been to INDIA  instead of Italy.

the plants were still o.k after a month.

Two months seems a long time for a traceable package,did you check its route?

Once the parcel is sent,there is not a lot the seller can do.  Did you take photo's and send them to him?

carlo999    1

Collissimo International Prioritaire

parcel n° :  CC696902805FR

Date Description Location
16/11/2016 Your parcel was delivered. Italie
16/11/2016 Your parcel has arrived at its delivery location Italie
15/11/2016 Your parcel has arrived in the destination country Italie
21/09/2016 Your parcel has left the country of origin. Export center
21/09/2016 Your parcel is being shipped. Export center
20/09/2016 Your parcel is being shipped. Sud-Ouest platform
19/09/2016 Your parcel has been posted after the posting deadline. It will be shipped on the next working day. Post office Mourenx

if the seller is never responsible why choice the traceable package ?

They do trackable packages so you know where it is, and when it will arrive, it has nothing to do with him being responsible for damamge that happen to the plant during shipping. And if it died two days after entering italy, that sounds like you akready recieved the plant, so it just haplened to die after you got it.

Sent from my SM-G935V

manders    590

Normally you would make a claim against the post office, but as its not allowed to send plants through the Italian post system you wont get very far.

ada    550

Are there any other postal marks on the package?  nearly 2 months in transit without any other destinations logged is a bit suspicious and if true you cannot blame the seller,he has done all he can to get them to you fast.

what plants were they?lots of plants will grow back from the roots or rhizome if given some care

carlo999    1

The plants was nepenthes .  I haven't seen other marks on the postage. I think that the post office have to refund the cost but the seller has interest to make a claim ?

20161117_205138_resized.jpg

20161120_080114_resized.jpg

kisscool_38    102
On 18/11/2016 at 11:04 PM, carlo999 said:

if the seller is never responsible why choice the traceable package ?

Just to bring a bit more information. Since the beggining of the year, parcels (packets, not envelop) sent from France to international destinations always have tracking numbers, this is not a choice.

In your case, it seems that your parcel was retained by customs, and this can take very long.

• Like 1

manders    590
12 hours ago, carlo999 said:

The plants was nepenthes .  I haven't seen other marks on the postage. I think that the post office have to refund the cost but the seller has interest to make a claim ?

20161117_205138_resized.jpg

20161120_080114_resized.jpg

You are unlikely to get a claim approved as the italian post office does not accept plants and can destroy them if theyre found.  The uk post office will not knowingly post plants to Italy for that reason.