Cephalotus vertical growing

dimitar

Hello Dimitar,

very interesting kind of growth,but how can you separate the runner (in case you want to) from the motherplant without leaving the roots in the basket? Or do these also grow out of the pot,together with the rhizome or do you have to root the latter separately?

On 4.10.2016 г. at 4:56 PM, lilacina said:

Hello Dimitar,

very interesting kind of growth,but how can you separate the runner (in case you want to) from the motherplant without leaving the roots in the basket? Or do these also grow out of the pot,together with the rhizome or do you have to root the latter separately?

Hi Sonja

it seems impossible to separate the runner and I found and others close to those. Last year one of my Hummer Giant had runner that I separated and it was the fastes established newly plant that I have ever had. I'm still not sure what the runner itself is but I can say with certain that the runner has no roots but rooted easily...

12662553_963094820394758_1974021537601849852_n.jpg

@Frankie, yep this is exactly pond plant basekt.

Edited by dimitar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been growing Cephalotus on a xaxim tree fern panel for about a year. So far so good.

The tough part was to insert the roots into the panel. It is quite dense.

QTFXxxZ.jpg

WjAFTHU.jpg

And here they are now. The first plant is showing good signs of vertical growth: the last open pitcher is the top one, and the surrounding leaves are recent too.

THGjNNJ.jpg

94NEtdW.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, it is grown in a highland terrarium. The xaxim is positioned vertically – a straight wall. I manually spray water onto it, and I also use a very basic drip system to irrigate it when needed (ie. when I'm away from home).

Edited by Blackout
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...