Lighting query

I'be just bought a large thermostatically controlled terrarium for Nepenthes, and am wondering what the best sort of lighting bulbs are for it.  It is fitted to hold two bulbs, plus a heat bulb and heat mats.  Currently the bulbs in it are those suited to reptiles (I have no other details about them, as they came fitted in it).  Are these bulbs suitable?  Or what sort of bulbs do I need?

At a guess the reptile bulbs will be either infra red for warmth or UV light for sunbathing, neither of which is much good for the plants.  (it should say on the bulb somewhere what kind it is).  

Im quite pleased with my warm white LEDs at the moment but any white/ordinary/flourescent bulb that fits in the sockets would be a reasonable start.

• 10 months later...

Manders youve probably been asked this a billion times but where did you get your warm white leds from?? Need some for a tank im doing but havent a clue whats good and whats not haha

Regards

Dan

Edited by danthecpman

1 hour ago, danthecpman said:

Manders youve probably been asked this a billion times but where did you get your warm white leds from?? Need some for a tank im doing but havent a clue whats good and whats not haha

Regards

Dan

Cheap chinese ones of ebay, some broke quite quickly, but often they last ok.  I used PAR 38, with E27 fittings and made up some cable with ceramice fittings.

• Like 1