Carnivorous petals on drosera capensis

Fero

I want to share this photo which shows some of the cape sundew's petals with tentacles. This was one of the last flowers on the flower stalk. The plantlet eventually died but there is one more on the same inflorescence, which looks like a fully developed plantlet - false vivipary. I will share a photo later on, it is raining now. False vivipary is not incommon but tentacles on flower parts are strange or is it also common? 519d2f576289cef8d8a391f59f4f91a8.jpg

• Like 3

:-):-) never seen!!! It's not good place for impollinator bugs:-D:-D

I want to share this photo which shows some of the cape sundew's petals with tentacles. This was one of the last flowers on the flower stalk. The plantlet eventually died but there is one more on the same inflorescence, which looks like a fully developed plantlet - false vivipary. I will share a photo later on, it is raining now. False vivipary is not incommon but tentacles on flower parts are strange or is it also common? 519d2f576289cef8d8a391f59f4f91a8.jpg