Sign in to follow this  
Pelles Carnivorous Plants

N.Truncata

manders    572

I guess its one of the more popular species, big pitchers, very easy to grow. Some of the forms i find a bit boring though, all green, there are some really nice colorfull clones around. I got bored of mine a few years ago as it was all green and not so big pitchers so i sold it.

bux    14

Why is nepenthes truncata so hard to get?

Probably because they are sold out fast...

I will have some few plants available again in some few weeks.

Fabrice

bux    14

I have some available now if someone is interested in. Plants are from my own production.

Fabrice

Because its awesome, I love Truncata and can't wait until i get my little greasy slimy dirt ridden hands on one, lol. My hands are very clean actually ;-) but i can't wait to get a Truncata, and one day find a fat rat caught in the pitcher

Scuipici    8

I love it for many reasons. One of them, big leathery pitchers, it looks beautiful, it's probably the nepenthes that shows carnivory the best. Some of the growers I know found mice, some even sparrows ( it seems to have a thing for mice...). All in all, it's my favorite Nepenthes of them all, it's a beast!

Petr    18

This plant can be grown even without terrarium just on the windowsill. It is easy plant, but it is hard to make cuttings, because it grows slow and it does not climb.

13 minutes ago, Petr said:

This plant can be grown even without terrarium just on the windowsill. It is easy plant, but it is hard to make cuttings, because it grows slow and it does not climb.

Oh realy, its a slow grower? and it dosnt climb, what is its growing patern then? I think ive finally tracted down a few seed grown truncs, i cant wait to get one

AKR    9
On 09/08/2017 at 3:05 PM, Dr. GreenThumb said:

Oh realy, its a slow grower? and it dosnt climb, what is its growing patern then? I think ive finally tracted down a few seed grown truncs, i cant wait to get one

My form isn't particularly slow. Its first basal offshoot grew very quickly. It slows down a bit with smaller pitchers, if any, in the winter with less light; I just keep it on a windowsill. For a mature vine the space between the leaves isn't huge, maybe about 5cm at the most, not much considering how thick the vines get.

I recommend getting one with good colouration as people have pointed out.