Charles carrow ?

I would question what is Cephalotus "Thomas Carrow" ?

I would question what is Cephalotus "Kinglsley"?

I would question what is Cephalotus " Hampshire Black"?

I would question what is Cephalotus "Queen Marry"?

I would question and those as well:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cephalotus-follicularis-Charles-Brewer-Rare-Mature-plant-/232003074744?hash=item360475fab8:g:CQIAAOSwuzRXe4mC

What is Cephalotus "Charles Brewer?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cephalotus-follicularis-Dr-Konig-/232003177223?hash=item3604778b07:g:aNYAAOSwzJ5Xe6be

What is Cephalotus "Dr- Konig"?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cephalotus-follicularis-Oliver-Gluck-/232003190638?hash=item360477bf6e:g:16UAAOSwZ1BXe6op

What is Cephalotus "Oliver Gluck"?

Those are just named plants after the growers and nothing else..The seller got the plants from Charles Brewer collection or from Dr- Konig or from Oliver Gluk but he automatically rename  them as Cephalotus "Charles Brewer",  Cephalotus "Dr- Konig" or  Cephalotus " Oliver Gluk" that already means named clones not taken froim these 3 peoples collections :)) 

A shame really as this guy Luis Aaragon did the same with so called Cephalotus Queen Marry, Cephalotus Kingsley and Hampshire Black... in fact all just typical Carniflora plants but under different names.

It is the same if next time I buy Cephalotus  from Corky or from Blocky 71  then I to name it as Cephalotus "Corky" or Cephalotus "Blocky 71"  ... not bad indeed :whistle3:

Edited by dimitar

It is a bit mad how big mature Cephs sell badly at a similar price to a miniscule leaf pull of a so called 'named' plant, just because the mature Ceph has been grown in shaded conditions.

Maybe I should buy all the large green plants and put them in full sun for a while before dividing them into tiny portions and call them something silly... this time next year I could be a millionaire ;-)

Maybe I should buy all the large green plants and put them in full sun for a while before dividing them into tiny portions and call them something silly... this time next year I could be a millionaire ;-)

The difference between those who become millionaires and those who just dream about it is whether or not they take action on off-the-cuff comments like this! You won't necessarily be a millionaire, but you could make yourself a lot of money, even by being honest about it!

Go for it. Don't forget my sage business advice though, I'll settle for 10%  :chiffa:

Comment from Thomas Carow who is not member of the CPUK-forum:

Hallo Joachim,
hier ist Charles...
Ich bin zur Zeit in London, und nehme am Wochenende an der lCPS Conference teil.
Wenn Du Lust und Zeit hast, kannst Du gerne in meinem Namen antworten, dass ich noch nie irgendwelche Cephalotus
Klone abgegeben habe und auch ein absoluter Gegner des ganzen 'Klonwahns' bin (wie ich es im GFP Forum auch schon geschrieben habe).
Ich habe den ganz 'normalen' Standardklon' wie er in Deutschland weit verbreitet ist und es ist nicht gerechtfertigt da irgendeinen Klonnamen zu vergeben.
Ich bin ja nicht im CPUk Forum.

In short, if you can`t read German:

He is in London at the ICPS right now and he never sold any special Cephalotus clones,
just the 'normal Cephalotus' available here in Germany. His Cephalotus plants don't
deserve to get a special clone naming.

And of course he is an opponent of giving any slightly different plant a special Clone-name. ('Klon-Wahn')

Regards Joachim

Hallo Joachim,
hier ist Charles...
Ich bin zur Zeit in London, und nehme am Wochenende an der lCPS Conference teil.
Wenn Du Lust und Zeit hast, kannst Du gerne in meinem Namen antworten, dass ich noch nie irgendwelche Cephalotus
Klone abgegeben habe und auch ein absoluter Gegner des ganzen 'Klonwahns' bin (wie ich es im GFP Forum auch schon geschrieben habe).
Ich habe den ganz 'normalen' Standardklon' wie er in Deutschland weit verbreitet ist und es ist nicht gerechtfertigt da irgendeinen Klonnamen zu vergeben.
Ich bin ja nicht im CPUk Forum.

In short, if you can`t read German:

He is in London at the ICPS right now and he never sold any special Cephalotus clones,
just the 'normal Cephalotus' available here in Germany. His Cephalotus plants don't

And of course he is an opponent of giving any slightly different plant a special Clone-name. ('Klon-Wahn')

Regards Joachim

.... and he never sold any special Cephalotus clones,

Thanks, Joachim  :tu:

At least Thomas Carow is honest and tell the truth,...

However,

Still I question these:  Cephalotus "Kingsley", Cephalotus " Hampshire Black", Cephalotus "Queen Marry", Cephalotus "Charles Brewer", Cephalotus "Oliver Gluck", Cephalotus "Dr. Konig" etc. etc. etc.. 

What are their special characteristics?  :woot: 

OK, not wanting to be left out, I'm offering some exceptionally rare miniature Sarra hybrids for sale. These were grow by me from seed, in my own greenhouse, and are so rare that they don't even have names! For identification purposes, I will refer to them as "Mixed hybrids" which tells you how special they are.

These miniature Sarras are so rare that they are currently only about 1cm high, which uninformed people might mistake for immature seedlings, when they are in fact hugely rare miniatures. Given time they will grow into even more rare giant miniatures!

So, do I hear any bids for the first plant, a Sarracenia Yossuii? Let's start at £100  :laugh2:

Another example from today: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cephalotus-black-form-Martin-Stockl-/222210910220?hash=item33bccd680c:g:dFUAAOSwimdXpBXE

Cephalotus black form "Martin Stöckl"  - as it is written by the seller on eBay, it already means named clone, not Cephalotus from Martin Stöckl...

Nex time instead Cephalotus 'Eden Black' I will put one for sale labeled as Cephalotus black form "Stephen Morley"...or instead Cephalotus "Big Boy" I'll put the rich title Cephalotus giant form "Fred Green" :tu: 

Thanks, Joachim :tu:

At least Thomas Carow is honest and tell the truth,...

However,

Still I question these: Cephalotus "Kingsley", Cephalotus " Hampshire Black", Cephalotus "Queen Marry", Cephalotus "Charles Brewer", Cephalotus "Oliver Gluck", Cephalotus "Dr. Konig" etc. etc. etc..

What are their special characteristics? :woot:

In the case of Charles Brewer

Maybe you know about that exactly as you've sold some of them before in here CPUK.lolol

In the case of Charles Brewer

Maybe you know about that exactly as you've sold some of them before in here CPUK.lolol

I got the plant from Charles Brewer exactly labeled as "typical" and of course I sold the plant labeled as "typical" from Charles Brewer, not Cephalotus "Charles Brewer" - there is huge difference.  :wink: I didn't know u prefer I to label the same clone as Cephalotus "jjw"...probably next time.

.http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57448

And  because I refused to sell  for you Cephalotus Coal Mine Beach at low price, you are trying to behave arrogantly towards me many times  but I don't mind... good luck!

However, If u have to say something regarding " named clones after the growers", please do it, otherwise your behaviour is not helpful at all and it is pointless.

Edited by dimitar
  • Like 1

I got the plant from Charles Brewer exactly labeled as "typical" and of course I sold the plant labeled as "typical" from Charles Brewer, not Cephalotus "Charles Brewer" - there is huge difference. :wink: I didn't know u prefer I to label the same clone as Cephalotus "jjw"...probably next time.

.http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57448

And because I refused to sell for you Cephalotus Coal Mine Beach at low price, you are trying to behave arrogantly towards me many times but I don't mind... good luck!

However, If u have to say something regarding " named clones after the growers", please do it, otherwise your behaviour is not helpful at all and it is pointless.

Hey :) actually I didn't do try to get any cephalotus from you hardly ever and It was a just question simply. I don't need any cephalotus as well carniplants from YOU and am not trying to behave ARROGANTLY. Why ???

What happened??

You've got it all wrong. Hey Do not delude yourself. Good luck to you too :)))))))

Edited by jjw