Looking for a new owner for CPUK

I've run the forum for a long time but now feel it's time to pass it on to someone new. The forum needs someone with more enthusiasum for CP's than I have these days. If you feel you have the time and experience to take it on please get in touch.

sorry to hear the news Andy  hope someone comes forward with necessary credentials

regards

Jim

Sorry to hear that Andy but must say you've done a great job over the years and I've always enjoyed my time spent on the forum.  The help I've received from other members has been invaluable and, as others have said, I hope you can find someone who can fill in.

Thanks for everything you've done.

• Like 1

I can only repeat what others have said and we all owe you a great debt of gratitude for creating the site and helping foster so much discussion about CP's and other things.  Im sure we all hope you don't dissapear completely after handing the site over to whoever takes over the running.

• Like 1

I go along with all the comments here, you've done a great job, and we'll all miss your leadership. Glad to hear you're keeping up the hobby. Hopefully you'll stick around and keep sharing your experience.

• Like 1

Hi

the UK Carnivorous Plant Society are in discussions with Andy about taking the forum over.  Quite a lot of people assume it belongs to us anyway.

Our aim would be run it exactly as Andy does now.  It would be editorially independent and people would be able to criticise us if they feel the need.  We would hope the existing moderators would stay on and that those who make donations towards the cost of running the forum would continue to do so.

Andy and the Society will keep you updated on progress over the next few weeks.

cheers

Dennis

• Like 5

Hi

the UK Carnivorous Plant Society are in discussions with Andy about taking the forum over.  Quite a lot of people assume it belongs to us anyway.

Our aim would be run it exactly as Andy does now.  It would be editorially independent and people would be able to criticise us if they feel the need.  We would hope the existing moderators would stay on and that those who make donations towards the cost of running the forum would continue to do so.

cheers

Dennis

Sorry to see Andy go, but this seems a good solution.

It does sound a good solution for everyone.

I do hope it doesn't change and people can air their views as they feel without the fear of being expelled just because some one from the cps doesn't agree with what they say.

If it happens time will tell.

ada

• Like 1

Hi

cheers

Dennis

Makes sense to me ! :good2:

Hi Ada

we have already said that it will be editorially independent and that people can criticise us if they have a grievance.  We will have a right of reply of course.  

Dennis

Hello Dennis,

I do understand what you are saying,but i don't want it to have" too many chiefs" wanting their imput with their new toy if you get my drift.

ada