Winter & summer color differences.

dimitar

Well, walking around in my greenhouse I took some pics and I decided to show you guys the differences  between the winter and summer color of some of my plants.

A Charles Brewer vesrsion of Cephalotus 'Hummer's Giant' winter color. 

P1090013_zps6f1inzog.jpg

P1090007%20-%20Copy_zps8q2q6hr8.jpg

P1010005_zps6hxjlmps.jpg

The same plant in summer now with the color of the new growth .

P6270027_zpszbol8sxv.jpg

P6270024_zpsjgfadvfa.jpg

P6270020_zpsx1wefptz.jpg

Location plant Cephalotus French Mans Bay - winter and summer color

P6160006_zpsoadvg3xk.jpg

P6160004_zpsecou02o7.jpg

• Like 2

This is valuable information. As can be seen in these pictures, certain conditions need to be met in order to achieve colouration.

In my observations, if conditions are not met that would result in good colouration of any other clone, then the same is true of the so called dark clones. I think at best the dark clones have an ability to become darker in the same conditions that would give good colouration to any other clone but as can be seen here, clones that are not typically considered to be dark have the ability to take on good colouration with the right conditions.

In my opinion, if a grower is unable to achieve colouration in normal clones then the same would be true with the dark clones. I think at best the dark clones have an ability to become darker in the same conditions that would give good colouration to any other clone.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

This is valuable information. As can be seen in these pictures, certain conditions need to be met in order to achieve colouration.

In my observations, if conditions are not met that would result in good colouration of any other clone, then the same is true of the so called dark clones. I think at best the dark clones have an ability to become darker in the same conditions that would give good colouration to any other clone but as can be seen here, clones that are not typically considered to be dark have the ability to take on good colouration with the right conditions.

In my opinion, if a grower is unable to achieve colouration in normal clones then the same would be true with the dark clones. I think at best the dark clones have an ability to become darker in the same conditions that would give good colouration to any other clone.

I agree, I think that is the best way to look at the potential of darker clones.  Incidentally, when looking over my plants recently I picked out a small plant that was the darkest in my collection and found it was one of my EB x EB seedlings.