Rain Rain Rain

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

I had this happen recently to the one off my house roof - so annoying!

Had to go up the ladder and blast water through the length of pipe.

Yeah it's gutting Stu isn't it......

Before this it was a split pipe between the drainpipe and the barrel .....

Us carnies treat rainwater like liquid gold eh ! 

• 3 weeks later...

We had another big storm last night was looking out the window 3am thinking lovely water,

however when I got up in the morning to check my butts I noticed that the pipe leading from

the garage roof had came apart, gutted lost all that water only got the water off the greenhouse.

I had to run outside during the downpour yesterday to check one of my 2 butts was filling, glad I checked as all the rainwater was overflowing from the ' divertor ' again.... Next door's bamboo fills the guttering then when it rains it clogs it up. 

I've managed to decant around 140 litres into vessels, filled all my plant trays, filled all 5 watering cans and still got half a barrel full in each. Should see me through a few more weeks ! 

I had to run outside during the downpour yesterday to check one of my 2 butts was filling, glad I checked as all the rainwater was overflowing from the ' divertor ' again.... Next door's bamboo fills the guttering then when it rains it clogs it up. 

I've managed to decant around 140 litres into vessels, filled all my plant trays, filled all 5 watering cans and still got half a barrel full in each. Should see me through a few more weeks ! 

Hang in there you will make it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Once had to buy in 25 litres of distilled water as I was running low, hoping I won't ever have to again. Work used to have one of these units but skipped it around 6 months before I asked to use it. They had no use for it anymore so just got rid of it argh!

Edited by pirks

• 2 weeks later...